Caribou Gear Tarp

Exo pack or outdoorsman long range pack

TheJackrabbit

Hello fellow hunters, I’m in the market for a pack. I plan on multiple day back country hunts with hopefully packouts. I’m looking for feedback on these two packs since I’ve narrowed it down to two. Exo and the long range by outdoorsman. Anybody have one or the other please let me know what you think of it and what you don’t like.

Thanks,
TheJackrabbit

I have had an Exo 3500 for a couple of years now. It’s been a great pack for me, I don’t see myself changing any time soon. If you can, try out as many different packs (with weight) as possible. There are quite a few great brands out there who make quality gear.

I haven't tried the Outdoorsman, but really like my Exo. Solid build, convenient features, comfortable. I can carry more weight with it than packs I have owned before.

I haven't tried the Outdoorsman, but really like my Exo. Solid build, convenient features, comfortable. I can carry more weight with it than packs I have owned before.

I love my exo. can't speak for the Outdoorsman though...

I run the Exo 5500. Well worth the money. Go check out the Exo Mountain Gear and Mountain ahunting page on Facebook. Tons of Exo users to ask questions too. My 5500 I can get at least 7 days and that is being comfy in camp.

I have the Outdoormans Optic Hunter pack. Toughest pack hands down. I can't speak for EXO but from what I have read and seen they make great packs. I think you will be happy either way.

I want to try an Exo pack. But, some intriguing options are available with the Outdoorsmans. The Atlas trainer allows you to put on weight plates and train in the offseason. Remove the main optics pack and go with the small day pack option too.

I think you've picked 2 great companies to look at. Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, and Kifaru are some other high end options. Horn hunter and Kuiu as well.

I have the Outdoorsmans muley pack and optics pack both of them are really well made. Probably won't go wrong no matter which one you choose. (EXO vs Outdoorsmans)

I've had the 5500 for a few years and really like it. I was surprised how comfortably it handled heavy loads. The lumbar pad is important too me, it helps to shift the weight comfortably to my hips. I had to send it in for a repair once (my fault, not the pack design at all) and they were great about it.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back