NM Mule Deer Unit 42

opyff

So a buddy of mine and I drew the late October season mule deer tag for unit 42, considering a bunch of public land just opened up last fall. Problem we are having so far is that so few if any people have been back in there for next to forever that it's been tough getting any information. I was hoping someone on here had a little insight to that area and we really aren't planning on hunting private at all. So any help would be much appreciated, thanks

So a buddy of mine and I drew the late October season mule deer tag for unit 42, considering a bunch of public land just opened up last fall. Problem we are having so far is that so few if any people have been back in there for next to forever that it's been tough getting any information. I was hoping someone on here had a little insight to that area and we really aren't planning on hunting private at all. So any help would be much appreciated, thanks

I assume you are talking about the Sabinoso? If so, you should be in good shape. It’s a huge area and should hold some unpressured big bucks. There is everything a muley would want. I too put in for that unit but wasn’t so lucky as to draw.

What information are you looking for?

Congrats on what should be a great tag.

I assume you are talking about the Sabinoso? If so, you should be in good shape. It’s a huge area and should hold some unpressured big bucks. There is everything a muley would want. I too put in for that unit but wasn’t so lucky as to draw.

What information are you looking for?

Congrats on what should be a great tag.

You would be correct on the location. I've talked to two game wardens down there and a few locals but due to lack of access nobody seems to know if there are critters in there, what kind of animals there are or the quality of them. We are looking at either packing in on foot or packing in on horses, just wondering if there will be much water that is drinkable, or if it is even conducive to take horses in if there isn't adequate trails. Should we buy any additional OTC tags like Aoudad or bear. Is it legal to use suppressors for hunting in NM, I read thru all the regs and couldn't find where they address it. Any information would be awesome,thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back