Montana elk/deer permit help

On the other hand...

“25 year old female who was supposed to go hunting with her boyfriend, but they just broke up, and still really wants to go on a hunt...” combined with a good looking profile picture.

Hold the phones!

I live 1k miles away and wife won't allow me to scout because she owns me. What is the best drainage to be in on opening day?

Bears

What's better...bear spray or a handgun.
Any good units where there aren't any grizzlies.

I would use a horn mounted 50 bmg on my horse personally.

You guys are awesome, my first post here as I was surfing for anything I could find on my 380-20 permit after 16 years of applying.

I need no help, was just gleaning what I can and almost spit my moose drool on screen when I hit this, see you at the Bunkhouse if I am lucky, otherwise have a great season, i will be checking in often, suppose i will make a more relevant thread for my actual scouting and hunting though.

I'm a 25 year old female in the military and back from deployment and haven't had time to scout much. Can someone help me?

Side note: before anyone gets offended because I referred to the military seeking help, both my kids, including my 25 year old daughter, are in the military. I THINK that gives me a pass?!:)

Last edited:
I'm a 25 year old female in the military and back from deployment and haven't had time to scout much. Can someone help me?

Side note: before anyone gets offended because I referred to the military seeking help, both my kids, including my 25 year old daughter, are in the military. I THINK that gives me a pass?!:)

Now there is a new wrinkle.

Because I haven't spent any time working out after the short walk to the mailbox to fetch my tag, I'll also need some help packing it out when I shoot the bull. And field dressing it. I wasn't sure which knife to buy so I didn't buy one.

It seems like a lot, but I'm willing to trade info on Walt's Trout Farm and Burger Hut outside Little Rock, AR.

Last edited:
Holy S#*! I'm guilty of this. Damn me.

haha. I think we have all been guilty of asking for help at some point. which if you have introduced yourself, done your homework and contributed to the forum, no bid deal. that is what friends are for, share and/or swap info. issue is when "hunters" draw these good tags and have no idea what to do and then expect or try to find the easy route to filling their tag. make up some bs post and try and get whatever info they can. how about the one a few days ago, "hunting partner needed, preferably a local". seriously.

haha. I think we have all been guilty of asking for help at some point. which if you have introduced yourself, done your homework and contributed to the forum, no bid deal. that is what friends are for, share and/or swap info. issue is when "hunters" draw these good tags and have no idea what to do and then expect or try to find the easy route to filling their tag. make up some bs post and try and get whatever info they can. how about the one a few days ago, "hunting partner needed, preferably a local". seriously.

HAHA Amen to that!

I'm a good hunter, willing to work hard, put on the miles. Confident up to 1,000 yards if need be. I mean you gotta get a bullet in em to get em right? You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

If you’re shooting out to 1000, I hear Wyoming is good.

Hi, just joined the forum. Drew this tag for a unit I have never been in. I selected it because of a picture I saw online where the guy referenced this unit even though he lied. I only live an hour from the unit but I'm too busy from now until the opener so I won't be able to scout. I'm not not afraid to put miles on the boots but really I drive around the entire time. I was hoping you guys would give me GPS units to your spot that took 20 years to narrow down so I can shoot a big bull to post a picture to my Instagram and act like I'm cool? Thanks in advance.

I saw a picture of a grey superduty with a 350 bull in the back at the Coral bar, anyone have the plate number so I can follow him around next season and learn his secrets?

Not looking for a monster but a respectable 4 point kinda heavy, maybe some character, some where in that 22-26 inch range would be great. But, don't get me wrong ill take any good mature 3 year old will do.

Do you have experience with this?

sadly I do, my green chevy had to become a white ford to lose the stalker. Park truck in dark, come out at lunch, and there was the same red chevy. did not matter where i went, not many roads in 362 portion I hunt, they would find it. Took to leaving it night before and going in buddies truck next morning

edit, and supposed 350 bull was 297, just a bull

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back