Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Leupold Binoculars

freebird63

I use to have a pair of Leupold wind river binoculars and loved them.....but someone felt they needed them worse then me and stole them. I have checked out the Santiam 15 power binoculars and they make my eyes buggy and blurry. Checked out the BX 4 pro 10X42 and they do the same thing. I even checked out the Tioga HD's and again they do the same thing. Have looked through the Zeiss conquest binoculars and they are great, looked through the Maven C1's and B2's and they are great.
Could it be the prism Leupold uses???
All I know is I have to get a new pair of binoculars before scouting season. I don't really care for Vortex
Thanks for any idea's........

All of my optics now are lower end (usually not the lowest end) Leupold I typically bought on sale. I have 8*42 Acadia and to my untrained eye they work fine. They have some 10*42 on Cabela's right now, but they are full price. I'm sure there's other brands as well.

Best deal is the Vangaurd HD. I have a couple pairs of the 10x42. I think their is not better glass for near the price.

They can be kind of like buying a pair of shoes, while some work just fine for some, they fit horribly for others. I have heard some people with a similar problem (not specifically to leupold.) Best to try before you buy, I have zeiss conquest and love them. That said my eyes are pretty forgiving and never had focus issues with any of the ones I tried. While I love the leupold optics I own, as did you it sounds like, there are a lot of players in the optics game these days. Be sure to buy the glass for you, not the name on the side.

Back