Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

MT 2018 NR big game combo - sold out?

Nick711

Just logged into my fwp account and my party was marked “unsuccessful” for this year’s big game combo. Two of the three members in my party have a preference point. Anyone else come up empty handed? Looks like we’ll be trying our luck with obtaining an elk combo.

Best of luck to everyone else.

Just logged into my fwp account and my party was marked “unsuccessful” for this year’s big game combo. Two of the three members in my party have a preference point. Anyone else come up empty handed? Looks like we’ll be trying our luck with obtaining an elk combo.

Best of luck to everyone else.
Am I correct in thinking that if you apply as a party you all have to have a preference point?
If you don't the application fails?
I might be wrong on that as I am not 'local'
Cheers
Richard

No combo for me either. I have 4 or 5 permit points as Ive never drawn a LE permit, but this is the first year in about 9 that I didn't draw the BG combo.

DD, If you are in a party they average all your points together.
Preference - helps you draw BG combo (Must have this to get into the Permit draw)
Bonus - Increased chance on drawing a Limited Entry Permit)

Montana has a complicated draw system, so complicated that they failed to correctly execute the draw on the date they advertised two years in a row.

Sorry for the ignorant question but am I correct in assuming that the elk/deer combo sold out? Meaning that I can still buy just an elk combo OTC? I looked on the fwp page and couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance.

That doesn’t make any sense. Last year was the first year in recent memory that the NR combo wasn’t a 100% draw. So if you went in with 2 points this year, you should have definitely drawn.

Are you sure you applied in Montana ? Ahahaha or are you talking about a permit?

My son called me all excited from St. Louis and said,"We drew". Big Game Combo. Bought preference point and applied as a party. Bring on the Bitterroots. After the year I have already had, we are jazzed.

I didn’t draw the Big Game Combo this year either. Do we know if the Elk Combo or Deer Combo sold out? Really hoping to still go to MT hunting this year

I didn’t draw the Big Game Combo this year either. Do we know if the Elk Combo or Deer Combo sold out? Really hoping to still go to MT hunting this year

Guarantee you that the deer combos sold out . There will be elk combos tho .

my brother and I drew our combo, here we come. looking for bull#2. taking my son for his graduation gift. can't wait

Back