Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Opening weekend at Yellowstone

Southern Elk

I thought you guys might like to see a few pictures from this weekend at YNP. The entrance at West Yellowstone opened Saturday and the buffalo were everywhere. It was such a beautiful weekend, but now its snowing again.

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 354
  • DSC_0055.jpg
    DSC_0055.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC_0083.jpg
    DSC_0083.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 354
  • DSC_0113.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC_0114.jpg
    DSC_0114.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 352
  • buff.jpg
    buff.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 348
How's the front grill on the car?
That 2nd one looking out the windshield looks abt as big as your car

He could have flipped the car (4Runner) if he wanted to. We just stopped and let him walk around us. Luckily he didn't get pissed. He was huge!

I know you are tired of the snow, but man am I jealous that you are an hour away from such a cool place. I would love to be able to make such quick trips down to a NP with the kids.

Thanks for the pics. Either sage-grouse or Yellowstone this weekend. Game time decision.

I know you are tired of the snow, but man am I jealous that you are an hour away from such a cool place. I would love to be able to make such quick trips down to a NP with the kids.

Yep, we are really fortunate. We actually went back Sunday, because we saw so many buffalo Saturday.

Cool, gotta love Yellowstone when there isn't ninety million people there. "hey look, there's an elk, I'm going to go pet it"

I once lived close enough to Yosemite for weekend trips in all seasons. I've visited Yellowstone once and was mesmerized. I can't wait to retirement and visiting it on the shoulders before the crowds.

That ain't funny.. I had a buff run into my truck one night in the park. Bam, $1800. It was fun explaining it to the insurance company.

You could be in a commercial... if you have the right insurance :hump:

Awesome pics. Gonna head to Yellowstone with the family in August 2019. I’ve been wanting to go there all my life.

If you don't like crowds, try to visit soon. We walked up and got front row seats to Old Faithful just minutes before it erupted. If you've ever visited in the summer, you know how crowded that place usually is.

Back