Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Yeti & NRA

Interesting to see the comments here vs another forum I am on. Much more reasonable.

Are lots of hunters cutting ties with NRA? I was under the impression NRA membership is currently growing. Seems an odd time for a hunter to leave the association.

I would argue that the NRA's "influence" is mostly a figment of the liberal half of the media.

And I'm an NRA member.

Prob some truth to that, as they make them seem bigger than possibly, they really are. But such is the obfuscation of the hysterical media.
That said, I think there are a lot of non NRA members and even some non gun owning people who are glad the NRA is down in the mud
doing the dirty work

I've found Yeti to be overpriced and I've been unimpressed by their stance on other issues in the past (can't pull specfics at the moment, but stuff went too far left.) I'm a supporter of the NRA, and historically they have done incredible things to protect gunrights. As for their stances and statements being divisive, that's not an issue to me. YETI will not loose the money I would never have given them, but they certainly will loose segements of the sportsman community. They may experience a bump from other sides from this. Honestly, I don't care too much.

NRA board member Nugent calls kids who survived school shooting souless & liars. Dana Loesch calls on gun owners to curb stomp members of the press, NRA takes untold millions in cash from foriegn nationals & supports politicians working to give away public lands.

If gun owners are supporting that crap, then I'm ashamed to be a gun owner.

NRA board member Nugent calls kids who survived school shooting souless & liars. Dana Loesch calls on gun owners to curb stomp members of the press, NRA takes untold millions in cash from foriegn nationals & supports politicians working to give away public lands.

It's not a perfect world is it. I just found out the other day one of my super hero's has a flaw...:W:
As for Nugent, I think he would be more helpful if he was on the other side. that poor guy's wiring is crossed.

In terms of public reputation - I think so. I call it the Kardashian Effect. Trump is another master of it.

I think you are exactly correct. Wonder when the pendulum starts to swing back the other way

It's not a perfect world is it. I just found out the other day one of my super hero's has a flaw...:W:
As for Nugent, I think he would be more helpful if he was on the other side. that poor guy's wiring is crossed.

That's not what the issue is though. The NRA has gone down the rabbit hole of simply lying & promoting violence against their own countrymen.

Honest people don't need these kinds of organizations to promote their position.

Bingo

That's not what the issue is though. The NRA has gone down the rabbit hole of simply lying & promoting violence against their own countrymen.

Honest people don't need these kinds of organizations to promote their position.

#basket

Not sure what they are paying Dana Loesch. but she probably earns every penny with all of the awful things she has been threatened with. Like I said, they take all of the heat and end up getting down in the mud where not many proper folks, such as your self, care to tread.
There is an old line from the untouchables "I have become what I despise".
In my time on different boards and organizations I have found that the public tunes a lot of it out, even if they are part of the organization. But if all they hear is one side with no reply they tend to believe. An old rule I found
to be true and work well was, you had to counter whatever the opposition is doing in the same medium and just as vociferously. And Yes, my gentle liberal humanitarian. It always ends up down in the mud. :hump:

Yeti is an Austin based business. Sounds like the commies have gotten to them. Won't buy Yeti or fly Delta. Proud NRA member . The 2nd Amendment defends all of the others.

I would argue that the NRA's "influence" is mostly a figment of the liberal half of the media.

And I'm an NRA member.

The NRA is the biggest kid on the block when it comes to pro-2A. To continue with the narrative that guns are bad they need to be taken down. Then move on to the next issue; more predators that can't be hunted, less access due to stepping on flowers, uncontrolled invasive species, animals have feelings too, etc.

As far as smaller state organizations, or individuals, one look at California shows a template for what the progressive liberal agenda desires. One step at a time. If you choose to go along with the people who desire an end to gun ownership and hunting there isn't anything I can say to change your mind.

I don't know why the NRA is the bad guy, none of the mass shooters were NRA members. I don't think any of them were Republicans either, in fact they were all Democrats.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back