Yeti GOBOX Collection

Yeti & NRA

You have to be a special kind of stupid to blow up your own Yeti.

...a hundred bucks worth of tannerite in a 5 hundred buck cooler loses it's activism impact when ignited by any means other than an evil black ArmaLite Rifle.

ArmaLite? What's that? AR stands for Assault Rifle. It's fact! I heard it from Don Lemon himself - CNN for the win! Everyone knows this. Psssh!
Added - funny non issue that seems to be quite the issue. :)
yeah-girl-i-got-a-yeti.jpg

Last edited:
ArmaLite? What's that? AR stands for Assault Rifle. It's fact! I heard it from Don Lemon himself - CNN for the win! Everyone knows this. Psssh!

Please note* Yeti roof rumble attenuators work better when filled with crushed Rem 700 sniper rifles.

I used to be, but then I realized neither party has a lock on stupid. ;)

Careful there Ben, you'll upset the base(s).

I will add one thought to this Yeti/NRA thing, I find it humorous that the Yeti "partners" are in full damage control mode on social media. All you need to do is change someone's perception.... problems solved.:hump:

From Past President Marion Hammer..

"“YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida.

YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts. Whether this is due to the recent cancellation of their IPO from their NYC owners is a question only they can answer.”"

///////////

"In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida."

From a former Yeti employee...

"They did not refuse any orders from NRA or Friends of the NRA. However, they did refuse an order from the NRA-ILA. YETI refused this order through our custom shop because they have a policy against marking coolers for political organizations or political affiliations. This policy was put in place in 2016. Since 2016, yeti has rejected more than 50 orders from various political organizations of varying types."

=====

"YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts."

In my opinion, the above quoted was the purpose of the letter; to cancel the program and have the participants cease using Yeti intellectual and trademarked property. You could substitute any participant for "NRA" in the above, have your own facts, and have the appearance that your Org was singled out.
As you can see below, clearly the NRA was not singled out.

d.jpg

c.jpg

Basically, YETI is reeling from it's selectively timed decision to *enforce their company standard practice to avoid political firestorms. Uhhhh... Hello? McFly! You made your bed with the NRA. You've enjoyed the membership endorced highs of the marketing profits.
Suck it up, buttercup.
On the flip... NRA membership funding rises. Fun YouTube videos as well. Great gladiator spectating. :)

Last edited:
Funny the difference in what folks perceive to be happening. Meanwhile I hear from more and more hunters and shooters sacking their NRA memberships.

The NRA and Marion Hammer use sensationalism from their 5 Million members to bully their way to new memberships and fundraising dollars to line their own pockets. This is a letter that YETI sent to their retailers yesterday. Here is the TRUTH:

View attachment 82176
View attachment 82177
View attachment 82178
View attachment 82179

Also, this by Wired 2 Hunt - http://www.thewilltohunt.com/2018/04/yeti-coolers-nra/

So basically folks are willing to trash and boycott a retailer who supports hunting and the 2nd amendment because they aren't willing to fill orders for any political organization (even if they will continue to fill orders for the same organizations' non-political arms).

Are we going to hold every outdoor company to that same ridiculous standard?? Do we need to make every camo company pledge fealty to the NRA-ILA?? I don't even fully support every political goal of the professional organization for my career which I belong to, and that's my livelihood.

JLS nailed it: Petulant, vindictive, petty. Plays well to the suckers though.

The NRA and Marion Hammer use sensationalism from their 5 Million members to bully their way to new memberships and fundraising dollars to line their own pockets. This is a letter that YETI sent to their retailers yesterday. Here is the TRUTH:

View attachment 82176
View attachment 82177
View attachment 82178
View attachment 82179

Also, this by Wired 2 Hunt - http://www.thewilltohunt.com/2018/04/yeti-coolers-nra/

I might just go buy some Yeti merchandise, simply because I absolutely fugging revile bullies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back