PEAX Equipment

Yeti & NRA

1.) National Shooting Sports Foundation (generally more thoughtful and less bombastic than the NRA).

2.) Gun Owners of America (The frothing at the mouth rabid people who are still convinced Jade Helm 16 is going to happen)

3.) Thousands of Rod & Gun Clubs across the nation that all support the 2nd Amendment, yet don't demonize their fellow Americans.

4.) 99.9% of the people on this site.

5.) The many members of congress, regardless of political affiliation, who support all of our constitutional amendments.

6.) The roughly 65 million Americans who own guns, but aren't members of the NRA (NRA membership is only at 5 million)

7.) Countless state-based gun owner groups who work to support the 2nd amendment (even if they are just as nutso as the NRA or GOA)

You are much more optimistic with those groups then I am, Ben. Don't get me wrong I believe that they all add to the total, however, I would bet the NRA has many times more influence then all those groups combined. Unfortunately, in this country, $$$ speak. Who donates and who lobbies the most in DC. With all the groups that you listed..... how much do they donate towards gaining the attention of those in DC???

good luck to all
the dog

Not sure what they are paying Dana Loesch. but she probably earns every penny with all of the awful things she has been threatened with. Like I said, they take all of the heat and end up getting down in the mud where not many proper folks, such as your self, care to tread.
There is an old line from the untouchables "I have become what I despise".
In my time on different boards and organizations I have found that the public tunes a lot of it out, even if they are part of the organization. But if all they hear is one side with no reply they tend to believe. An old rule I found
to be true and work well was, you had to counter whatever the opposition is doing in the same medium and just as vociferously. And Yes, my gentle liberal humanitarian. It always ends up down in the mud. :hump:

And to be perfectly clear, those engaging in the trolling & threatening behavior of Mrs. Loesch are every bit as despicable as she is.

I've spent a lot of time in the mud. Only the pig wins. I'm sick of it. If we don't hold accountable those who seek to represent us be they elected officials or NGO's promoting issues we feel strongly about, then we're no better than a pack of mindless dogs that respond when the dog whistle gets blown.

Regardless, I respect my friends who are still a part of that organization and remain steadfast that their better angles will lead them to a more sustainable path for gun owners than fomenting dissent and hatred among our own citizens.

You are much more optimistic with those groups then I am, Ben. Don't get me wrong I believe that they all add to the total, however, I would bet the NRA has many times more influence then all those groups combined. Unfortunately, in this country, $$$ speak. Who donates and who lobbies the most in DC. With all the groups that you listed..... how much do they donate towards gaining the attention of those in DC???

good luck to all
the dog

It's a fair point, and I don't want an organization who relies on money from our enemies to represent my interests.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/01/5900...-politicians-cultivation-of-nra-ties-revealed

LOL at some people on this.

Turn in your guns. You guys may not like the NRA, but you really wont like things of they are gone.

My $7 ozark trail tumbler from Walmart is just as good as the $30 yeti tumbler. So what does that say about yeti and their pricing?

No it's not, my wife and I actually did an experiment with those exact two items to see which was better...I'll give you a hint who won, it wasn't the Walmart knock-off...

No it's not, my wife and I actually did an experiment with those exact two items to see which was better...I'll give you a hint who won, it wasn't the Walmart knock-off...

Did the yeti keep it warm for over 4 times as long as the knock off?:rolleyes: It doesn't matter what I think. Spend your money how ever you like.

NRA is losing its support and now they are fear mongering to appeal to an extreme crowd. They need to change or we need to accept that it our gun rights are going to take a big hit. The status quo is not sustainable, as evidenced by the numbers of companies and hunters abandoning them.

That rabbit hole is darned near big enough for a Green Decoy...

Except it's not. The Wyss Foundation - for example - is based in the United States and is managed by a BOD that live in this country. The NRA issue is about how the Russians helped influence the US elections and support the NRA with direct donations from out of country to a dark money political action committee. Very separate issues.

It is my opinion the NRA is acting like a petulant, vindictive, and petty jilted lover. In all likelihood, the truth will come out that yeti really didn’t do anything in particular to the NRA they didn’t do to their other business partners. It’s just the NRA chose to villainize them for it and use it as an opportunity to burn them at the stake on social media. I find them classless in this whole venture and quite honestly question the people that take their word at face value and support their witchhunt.

I'm not jumping in on one side or the other here, but it would be interesting to know how many transactions YETI and the NRA Foundation have actually had previously.

If I recall correctly there had been a whopping 13 NRA members that used the discount program that was available through Delta Airlines before Delta announced they were going to discontinue it.

The NRA pitched a fit as if some vital program was getting pulled out from under their members and the state of Georgia's legislature passed a law that shorted Delta Airlines an estimated 40 million dollars of tax reductions that were in a bill that was pending. (They never got the tax break, so it wasn't really taken away but they were about to get it until this all hit the fan).

I miss the days when there was a common sense middle ground between the 2 totally outlandish sides that both spew hyperbole and half truths.

It is my opinion the NRA is acting like a petulant, vindictive, and petty jilted lover. In all likelihood, the truth will come out that yeti really didn’t do anything in particular to the NRA they didn’t do to their other business partners. It’s just the NRA chose to villainize them for it and use it as an opportunity to burn them at the stake on social media. I find them classless in this whole venture and quite honestly question the people that take their word at face value and support their witchhunt.

This is my opinion also.

Couldn't afford them before, can't afford them now, and don't think it will effect them much. That said, I view someone not doing business with the NRA as a plus. Not because I don't feel strongly about the 2nd, but because I view hyperbolic divisive fear mongering in a negative light.

The NRA turned into a political extremist group long ago. I always thought Yeti products were very much overpriced but I might just buy a cooler from them now just in support of this move.

I have a couple of yeti products, am I going to get rid of them, no. Am I going to add to them, again no. Might not agree with everything the NRA says & does, but we (gun owners) would be in a whole lot worse position as a gun owner without them. I haven't updated my membership, but because of this I might just do it in support of the NRA.

Yeti is an Austin based business. Sounds like the commies have gotten to them. Won't buy Yeti or fly Delta. Proud NRA member . The 2nd Amendment defends all of the others.

Amen! I hate all the phone calls wanting more money, but I am a proud NRA member, I will always side with the pro gun side!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back