Yeti GOBOX Collection

Jigs, Flies, Daddy/Daughter Day

Big Sky

So I've been quiet for a while. Life has been getting in the way of fishing, but my youngest daughter and I managed to get out for our first fly fishing trip of 2018 last week. It seems like it has taken forever for Spring to show up and the ice to go away.

We started off the morning jig fishing. It wasn't very fast and furious but we did manage to land a couple.
attachment.php

I even managed to fool one.
attachment.php

After we caught a couple on jigs the fishing shut down completely so we decided to change spots and tactics. Our came the fly rods and on came the fish! :)
attachment.php

We didn't take a lot of pictures because we were busying landing and releasing fish. When the fishing is really good who has time to mess with a camera? Here is one of the few we did take a photo of. Not a bad fish at all for a beginning fly fisher person.
attachment.php

I only got one of my fish on camera and ended up with this pretty cool photo. All in all it was a fun day and a great time spent with my daughter. I hope y'all can find some quality time with your kids this spring. Until then, tine lines.
attachment.php

Looks like a great day! Any time spent with those we love is time well spent (especially when its hunting or fishing).

Thanks guys. We actually caught quite a few fish. If I'm being completely honest she schooled me the last couple hours and caught two to every one fish I caught...and that's just the way it should be. :)

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to get out this weekend and get in a little more fishing. Trying to time ice-out on the lakes is a little tricky. It seems to be a constant feast or famine type of thing. If you hit it right the success can be out of this world. If the bite is off, it can be a completely fishless day. Since most lakes are a pretty fair distance from here those off days can be really long...but at least I'm fishing. :)

Big Sky said:
All in all it was a fun day and a great time spent with my daughter. I hope y'all can find some quality time with your kids this spring.

Looks like a fantastic time!

Enjoy the fishing. Absolutely, love the family.

Hope she goes to college close that you could fish on the weekends.

Respect your knowledge and you are such a good father.

Awesome. you guys landed bigger trout than I've ever caught.
I hope my daughters will still want to fish with me when they're older. right now at 3 and 1 they don't have much say in it except when its time to go home.
Great pictures BTW

Fishing with your kids is a lot of fun once they learn how to do it independently. Prior to that it's a lot of work, and often a trial of patience. The same can be said for hunting. When my kids were younger and I would get frustrated, or realize I was getting too up tight, I would just remind myself someone had to teach me...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back