Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 and Vortex Diamondback 8x30

Jchiggins2012

These Zeiss Conquests kick ass. On sale also, I tried the razor hds vs these and to me it was no contest. Just my eyes and they arent the best.

Gripes: The lens caps that come with it are almost unusable. I mean they fall out with the slightest touch: FIX: bought the medium 48mm outside diameter vortex caps.

The cover that guards the 1/4 x 20 bino mount is shitty to get out.

The eyecups would be better if they unscrewed like the mavens I seen on the interwebs.

I was going to spend the money on maven, but not having held them and tried them out I didnt risk it.

Mods: This bino bandit neoprene eye cup dealio is kick ass. Picture quality goes from a 1000$ bino to ... I dont know ... just way freaking better. Going to get another one for the little diamondback.

The little diamondback 8x30 is going to make a great bow hunting bino. its super lightweight. 130 dollars and I think they are dang clear. Not like the Zeiss but still great imo.

K just thought Id throw this up for anyone who was eyeballing them > I bought these at cabelas to find out later that gohunt had them up on their website. They offer 44 redeemable points free shipping and a point at go hunt is 1$. So I should have went through them. But too late.

Just need a tripod now.
IMG_20180421_133024.jpgIMG_20180421_133128.jpgIMG_20180421_132952.jpgIMG_20180421_133001.jpg

I am wanting to get some new lens cover for my set of Zeiss conquest binos like you did. I looked on the vortex website but could find a reference to covers you are showing. Can you provide some more info. on them?

Thanks for the reviews JC!

I got the Vortex Raptors 8X32 last year.
Super light weight. Clear sharp image.
$99 from Amazon.
Would highly recommend also!

Back