Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sick

Brian in Montana

I caught something from my germ-ridden urchins and today I've been running a fever and had more diareah than I would have believed possible. I thought about doing a little reloading this morning in between trips to the toilet, but instead wound up re-watching most of Fresh Tracks season 2. There are some really great elk hunts in that season. Very real-life stuff that really shows what a public land hunter faces. Great stuff. I should get sick more often.

Make sure to replace your fluids. Pedialyte is a solid option. Get your fluid/electrolyte balance too far out of whack and you will learn a new level of ill.

A full bottle of Jack, a dash of honey mixed in, a blanket and the couch.....it won't cure $hit, but you won't care. Milk it for about 3-5 days, you earned some down time !!

I worked a hazardous waste jobsite in New York that belonged Niagara Mohawk power. Filthy, contaminated cesspool if I ever saw one. In addition to the groundwater containing all sorts of chemicals, it also had major cryptospordium numbers. A bunch of us contracted what we called the "NiMos"...lost 20+ pounds in 7 days. Most through my backside. I feel your pain. Hope you get well soon.

I lived in west Africa for 18 months, you guys have no idea about liquid bowels.

caught the ecoli thing back before it was even a thing, ate a half raw hamburger when camped out....spent 7 days on the couch in some kind of haze where bodily fluids flushed from the major orifices....quite the experience....yeah sorry you're ill get better

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back