Sick

Brian in Montana

I caught something from my germ-ridden urchins and today I've been running a fever and had more diareah than I would have believed possible. I thought about doing a little reloading this morning in between trips to the toilet, but instead wound up re-watching most of Fresh Tracks season 2. There are some really great elk hunts in that season. Very real-life stuff that really shows what a public land hunter faces. Great stuff. I should get sick more often.

Make sure to replace your fluids. Pedialyte is a solid option. Get your fluid/electrolyte balance too far out of whack and you will learn a new level of ill.

A full bottle of Jack, a dash of honey mixed in, a blanket and the couch.....it won't cure $hit, but you won't care. Milk it for about 3-5 days, you earned some down time !!

I worked a hazardous waste jobsite in New York that belonged Niagara Mohawk power. Filthy, contaminated cesspool if I ever saw one. In addition to the groundwater containing all sorts of chemicals, it also had major cryptospordium numbers. A bunch of us contracted what we called the "NiMos"...lost 20+ pounds in 7 days. Most through my backside. I feel your pain. Hope you get well soon.

I lived in west Africa for 18 months, you guys have no idea about liquid bowels.

caught the ecoli thing back before it was even a thing, ate a half raw hamburger when camped out....spent 7 days on the couch in some kind of haze where bodily fluids flushed from the major orifices....quite the experience....yeah sorry you're ill get better

Back