Yeti GOBOX Collection

DIY paint on rifle stock

while my most recent project was not nearly as clean as some of the spider webs above I did this one with a few cans of krylon and shop rag. I did it on a lunch break so naturally it's slap dash but considering I could knock it out in an hour I have confidence anyone with more time could make a more fitting scheme. just pick you base coat and keep applying stencils or tape as each layer dries. I removed the rifle from the stock and taped the recoil pad. 14642259_10208583666322106_742190453185487480_n.jpg
fg3.jpg17554081_10209997551948363_3514325295516341945_n.jpg

Thanks everyone for the replies/advice/pics and the link to the previous forum discussion. Some good looking guns, mtmuley yours is the color scheme im looking for. Hopefully get done with painting the house soon to get it done.

For those of you who have done this, how has it held up? The paint on my Mountain Rifle is wearing where it rubs on my pack. I may just redo it this winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a couple of Weatherby Vanguards that I painted. I first lengthened the stocks 1/2" and fitted new Limbsaver recoil pads, then I taped the grips, and gave them a Krylon Grey base coat, then used Krylon Marbelizing spray for the spider web. Like previously posted, practice with the Marbelizing spray before you spray your stock.
Kz4AGBkl.jpg

Here's a couple of Weatherby Vanguards that I painted. I first lengthened the stocks 1/2" and fitted new Limbsaver recoil pads, then I taped the grips, and gave them a Krylon Grey base coat, then used Krylon Marbelizing spray for the spider web. Like previously posted, practice with the Marbelizing spray before you spray your stock.
Kz4AGBkl.jpg
I dig the look!
Much better than the factory color

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back