Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bucket List Game Poll

Which NA Big Game would be your last?

• Total voters
Sheep or mountain goat with a bow that's a no brainer for me I've got a little fund I'm building for it!

Moose. Weapon of choice would be my grandfathers 8MM Mauser he brought back from Germany while in the service

Both are obtainable goals. I have no idea where to start with a sheep tag so thats why its not #1...

I agree that sheep are incredible. It's interesting the power they have in terms of a hunter's desire, which is so far evident in this poll.

406Life framed it as the question, "If you have one more day of hunting", and I chose Mule Deer - and I had in mind the chunks of ground I grew up hunting. I feel like I'd be hunting a place more than a critter on my last day of hunting, and one without the other may change my answer.

This is a concept that I have yet to wrap my head around. I tell close friends and family that I choose where I want to hunt then find the best animal in that area. I often times get a confused look.

This is a concept that I have yet to wrap my head around. I tell close friends and family that I choose where I want to hunt then find the best animal in that area. I often times get a confused look.

That is why I will be hunting Molokai. Exploring the island is the main draw, then the hunt.

Mountain goat. High up in the Rockies. The sky lightens and the stars fade. The wisps of fog in the calm morning air are flowing down the mountainside. The billy from the blown stalk yesterday is a blurry winter ghost hobbling along a ledge. I limp along the ridge. He hobbles. His left horn is missing a few inches. I carry the scars of surgeries. I need to get closer. I need to stop to drink some water. I sit on a boulder and lean back on a rock outcropping. I set up my spotter. A wall of clouds rolls over the mountain bringing falling temperatures and flurries. I put the caps on my spotter. No more shadows. Heavier snowfall. All I can see is white where I think the goat is still. I zip the last few inches of parka up over my chin and try to make the rocky backstop just a bit softer. The wind creates ripples in my clothing. I take the spotter off the tripod. I wait. Wondering about whether the avalanche chute scree I navigated in the dark will become more treacherous with fresh snow. I shift my back slightly hoping the outcropping will become softer. I close my eyes and prepare to ride the storm out for an hour or two. Only the sound of wind and my clothing. Peaceful.

I don't really keep bucket lists, but I did have on life-long itch. Alaskan moose with a traditional rifle (whatever that means). In 2015, I finally scratched that itch, but if I had just one more hunt left, I'd probably want to do it again rather than go after a sheep, or goat, or bear, none of which I've ever hunted.

I don't have bucket lists, but have hunted everything on that list except brown bear. I was standing right next to a good friend when he shot a brown bear though.

I've just sort of let hunts come up as the opportunities presented themselves.

I would really like to have a good caribou hunt and I best get off my ass and make it happen here soon.

One hunt that was a pleasant surprise that was a lot more than I expected and wayyy more fun than I expected was sitka blacktail on a boat based hunt on Kodiak. What a great hunt, just unique country and a lot to do and see everyday. Knowing what I know now, I'd feel ripped off as a hunter if I wouldn't have had the opportunity to experience that hunt. Probably in the top 2-3 hunts I've ever done.

Moose. Weapon of choice would be my grandfathers 8MM Mauser he brought back from Germany while in the service

Both are obtainable goals. I have no idea where to start with a sheep tag so thats why its not #1...

As did mine. My father shot his first whitetail buck with this 8mm Mauser. It has Danzig 1917 stamped on top of the action and still has the full length stock and bayonet, oh and the original sling!

My bucket list animal would be a grizzly bear and maybe next year we will have a chance at a tag here in Montana for a lucky few! So that aside I am trying like heck to get a grizzly bear hunt booked in Alaska for the fall of 2019. I'd like to take a wolf on that trip also!

Going to use my custom Winchester Model 70 I had turned into a .280 Ackley Improved. For this hunt I'll work up a load using 160 gr. Partitions or Accubonds! I am excited at the possibility here!!!

Drawing...not drawing has got me thinking about #1 North American Bucket List Animal (No T. Rex, Africa, or Sasquatch). I'm sure I won't draw my MT Bighorn Tag, but if I had one more day of hunting it would be...

Kodiak Brown Bears with my bow. I can't imagine the adrenaline being that close to something that big. The challenge of something that can eat you or send you into orbit with a swipe is alluring.

What's your species/weapon/why?

Can you imagine the pain if you screwed it up? :)

There was a time when I wanted to go for sheep, that time past a number of years ago, just got to old. Would love to go moose hunting and a guided elk hunt. Been looking around a couple years and seem's even a cotton tail hunt is gonna go for $5K. That put's me out of it!

I'll have to say a moose hunt deep in the remote Alaska wilderness somewhere. I'm fine with using a rifle, possibly a muzzle loader. I've always wanted to go after one but never pulled the trigger, so to speak. Having been to Alaska, and trying to relocate there, that itch for such a huge critter has gotten even stronger! To me that would be the highlight of my hunting career, and as a "last" hunt it would be my favorite!

Bighorns in the Missouri breaks, the animal I always dream about in my absolute favorite place to hunt.

Brown Bear with Bow. It looks like I'll need to win the lottery as the costs are racing higher than my pay is.
It's also the only critter on the list I haven't taken. Bison would be nice, but not on the any list.

No bucket list per say. Call me a slut but anything I can pull a tag for. I can't think of a game animal given the chance I'd turn down the chance to hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back