Savage 93r17 vs. Ruger American Rimfire .17hmr

Eric.MN

Has anyone had the chance of shooting both of these guns? I handled both in store and i will say i like the feel of the Ruger more, the stalk and the flush rotary magazine seems nicer. Having never been able to shoot either, has anyone have experience with accuracy between the two? Will be used for simple target shooting with my boys and squirrel hunting when their a little older.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I vote for the savage, I have had the same gun for probably five or six years. I found a deal on one cheap so I figured why not that gun holds super consistent groups at 100 and has been responsible for more whistle pig and rockchuck deaths than I care to admit. I also had a problem with one of the magazines and savage sent me two brand new ones foc.

I've read that the savage seems to shoot tighter groups but I like the ruger look/feel more, just not sure it's with paying more for.

I have the Savage and absolutely love it. You can get an aftermarket 10 round magazine for it. I like shooting prairie dogs at 300 yards. The accuracy is insane and the price is great. I got mine on Bud's as a combo with a scope. It shoots sub MOA with Hornady Vmax ammo at 100 yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back