Browning x bolt 26 nosler

dcamp

Hi Hunt talkers,

I won a Browning x-bolt 26 Nosler from my Elk chapter and was wondering what scope you guys would recommend for it.

Would you use this gun for elk?

Any ideas would be great.

thanks,
Dcamp

A well placed 26 caliber bullet will be sufficient for any elk.
I'm a fan of the 4X12 Redfield Revolution scope.

Last edited:
I think with a 140gr. bullet it would be effective with broadside shots

I put a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44mm on my Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed in 7mm-08. I plan on using it for basically everything from pronghorn to elk.
TODGRynl.jpg

I went with a Leupold Mark AR 4-12x40 on mine, it had the tactical turrets, which fit my shooting style, and weighs ~8oz less than similar scopes by Vortex and Athlon. At about $500 it was also cheaper than the VX3i CDS at my local dealer.

Charliebravo, That’s a sweet set-up! My brother just bought a Browning stainless steel stalker in that same caliber and is putting that same scope on it.

So all of these scopes you guys have recommended will be good up to 500 yrds?

That's a not a good rifle and the performance of that cartridge is terrible. I really think you should sell it. I'm a pretty nice guy and I would be happy to alleviate your ownership of such a platform....

In all seriousness, my rifles all wear a Leupold CDS w/ windplex. It's the most user friendly system I have found. You'll need a chrono to do it right. Or maybe borrow one?

Congrats on an awesome score. Is it the Hell's Canyon?

So all of these scopes you guys have recommended will be good up to 500 yrds?

I was nailing a 12x20" steel target at 600 yards to the point that it almost became boring the last time I was at the range with the above setup. Shooting at longer ranges is more dependent on the sum of all parts including the shooter than particularly the scope. That said, pretty much any quality scope including all of the ones mentioned above will be capable of keeping you on target at 500+ yards.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back