Grandpa's first elk hunt

Yotkilr

My grandpa is getting up there in age (will be 90 in October) so decided to put him in for a ND elk tag. For those that don't know in ND they are once in a lifetime tags so obviously most folks put in for bull tags making them hard to draw but makes cow tags not extremely hard about 50% odds. He still gets around pretty good and my wife and I have horses we can have him ride to try get back into more remote areas if need be. I'm not sure if I'm more excited or he is. Won't be an easy for sure hunt but we will have a blast non the less. He even got a new rifle back when i brought up putting him in just in case he drew a tag so looks like he will get to put it to good use. Is it September yet!

Good luck! That would be an incredible story. I don't think I would try to put him on a horse. One fall would be the end of him.

Sounds like a great adventure for all of you! Hope to see some pics of gramps with his elk.

Oh man, I hope there is some way I can be hunting elk when I'm 90. It would be something poetic to be watching a mature bull, not shoot just for the sake of briefly controlling a sliver of fate, and then pass away gently on the mountain. If a man can fantasize about death, then that's mine. To have my last rites read to me by a herd bull in the form of a bugle on a crisp September morning.

Sorry, hopefully not too dark of a derailment. Congrats to your grandpa. Hopefully you're hunt doesn't go like my fantasy. Unless that's your grandpa's end-of-the-rope fantasy, too.

I hope to see the story of a successful hunt in the forum this fall ! Looking forward to hearing about the adventure for sure.

Good deal... i own an oilfield trucking company, and am in and around the area alot. From the north breaks to the southern end of the killdeer mtns. Im usually in elk while chasing mulies with my bow. I would love to help you guys out if you need. Ill give ya my 2 cents.

Good deal... i own an oilfield trucking company, and am in and around the area alot. From the north breaks to the southern end of the killdeer mtns. Im usually in elk while chasing mulies with my bow. I would love to help you guys out if you need. Ill give ya my 2 cents.

Awesome we would really appreciate any help of any kind. Trying to get as many leads as possible to increase his odds of success! I'll be sending you a PM Thanks

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back