Patrick F. McManus

Farewell, and Godspeed Patrick. May the fishplate always have a nice one for dinner.

Sorry to hear that. My whole family enjoyed his books, so much so my Mother came to refer to my childhood friend Randy and I as "Pat and Crazy Eddie." RIP.

Rest In Peace Pat. I also grew up reading his tales in Outdoor Life. I still refer to my sons boat as “ Old Stump Jumper”.

Like everyone says RIP Pat gonna miss your stories and books no more Rancid Crabtree.

Always cracked up reading his stories. I also searched for his hidden "NINA" in the sketches he made.

I've laughed at his stories until I had tears rolling down my face. Ol' Man Grogan shooting army helmets behind his store still kills me.

Myself, my dad, uncle and cousin all used to very much enjoy his books. They were often Christmas presents for each other. Some of his stories were not so far from reality and easily relatable growing up in the UP. His work sure brought a bunch of laughs in our family. He will be missed. RIP.

I loved reading his books growing up. My dad would give me the books for Christmas, or birthday. His story about the "no frills" mountain car was one of my favorites. I think it was a mountain car named "Mrs. Peabody" after his teacher. Thanks Pat for all the laughs.

Farewell, and Godspeed Patrick. May the fishplate always have a nice one for dinner.

I was thinking about my favorite stories last night, I forgot about the "Miracle of Fish Plate", that is a good one.

At one point I could have probably recited several of his books nearly verbatim. Many of his memorable quotes became part of our hunting vocabulary among several friends who shared my appreciation for his humor.

I remember skipping to the back page for years just to read his stories. Like a lot of people here I grew up reading his stories too. Recently I stumbled into the Bo Tully mysteries and have thoroughly enjoyed them and the "Blight Way". He was a one of a kind for sure and will be missed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back