Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana Draw

Quote Originally Posted by CForest View Post
    FWP posted on their facebook page today that the drawing has been postponed another week. Will now be the week of the 23rd
    Saw that. Glad they are taking the extra steps to avoid system issues.

Your flight has been DELAYED!
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

I guess we'll have to wait another week, but I'm not going to lie, I'm getting anxious for the results!

Quote Originally Posted by CForest View Post
    FWP posted on their facebook page today that the drawing has been postponed another week. Will now be the week of the 23rd
    Whatever. Pretty obvious Randy11 is getting better at hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by mtmiller View Post
    Whatever. Pretty obvious Randy11 is getting better at hacking.
    You wanted the rifle tag this year right?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
    You wanted the rifle tag this year right?
    If you are hacking, you know what I want. mtmuley

7. Default

unreal

Quote Originally Posted by 8andcounting View Post
    unreal
    We have been telling you for months...

The deer management is merely a symptom.
    “To me, if you don’t eat it, then it’s not a point of pride”. -Matt Rinella

Name:  6D10EE49-ADDA-4042-9070-C91FEEE4B316.jpeg
Views: 731
Size:  131.4 KB
    “To me, if you don’t eat it, then it’s not a point of pride”. -Matt Rinella

Maybe they're catching up on all those last-minute 2017 elk harvest surveys they conducted a couple weeks ago?
    "The Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world" Del Gue

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by el unit View Post
    Maybe they're catching up on all those last-minute 2017 elk harvest surveys they conducted a couple weeks ago?
    My dad got called last week .... about elk ... last fricking week

I got called yesterday at lunch regarding last years elk hunt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfer View Post
    I got called yesterday at lunch regarding last years elk hunt
    Same.
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

I've sat through plenty of permit level and season setting FWP meetings. This years harvest surveys play a very small part in setting this years permit levels. What got shot doesn't really matter, what left on the ground does. So this years flight data will help set next years permit level. Once all the harvest data is in the bios look at fill rates and percentages so that next year when they issue x number of permits they can tell about what the harvest rate will be. But as far as what got shot last year affecting this years draw,,not so much. Those permit levels were set shortly after the draw deadline.
    “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.”

― Benjamin Franklin

I got called 2 weeks ago for survey.
    You can't get lost if you don't care where you are going.

Quote Originally Posted by MTGomer View Post
    Name:  6D10EE49-ADDA-4042-9070-C91FEEE4B316.jpeg
Views: 731
Size:  131.4 KB
    "That's the wrong hat! I definitely would have drawn if they would have used the right hat!!"

That picture is exactly what I envision FWP doing

I missed the FWP message sometime 2017 or simply *assumed the process would maintain the status quo...

What happened to the B tag situation? Regions have been completely overhauled. There are going to be some quality draws for those who were keen on upcoming FWP regs from the get go - for cow elk tags and the change to the B tag process. The district I typically place my B tag "party" option within, no longer exist. I checked a backup option in another region and found it similar.

Basically, The B tags are non existent / private land only. In areas we've considered in the past, it has reverted to draw permits for antlerless by March 15th.

What was the purpose of the change?
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

19. Default

What was the purpose of the change?
    The B tag allows a hunter to kill two elk, one with a general and one with a B license. There is nowhere in Regions 1 where we have that many elk that hunters need to shoot two, hence the switch back from B tags to antlerless permits.

On the plus side for hunters who only care about meat, it should be easier than ever to draw a cow permit. Not many people are wanting to be limited to only shooting a cow with their general tag.

Yes, very true Gerald. I never really understood the 2 elk tags offered though figured it was harvest management that regulated the quantity of tags available in X district. I think this is a great move, though bummed I didn't catch onto this change pre March 15th. My fault.

On another - They seem to have routed B tags to private land only... So why the Shoulder season? I've not checked outside my adjacent regions so maybe it adapts to farm fields more east we view within MT. I would think remove the shoulder season and make it a flat out B tag harvest monitored cow elk hunt for the duration of time as presented in the shoulder season.

Thanks Gerald. It makes sense. I'm a meat hunter so I certainly look forward to next year reverting back to the permit style and it should help the bulls mature further... to some degree with a bit less harvest.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

21. Default

Typical Montana FWP haha. Patiently waiting with only a small glimmer of hope

Quote Originally Posted by Sytes View Post

On another - . So why the Shoulder season?
    Real simple, shoulder season are here until the Montana R’s repeal Barrett’s HB42 or FWP rewrites the elk management plan. Until then the cow killing will continue.
    “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.”

― Benjamin Franklin

Looks like the drawing is officially underway....good luck to all!

Name:  MT.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  18.3 KB

Any minute now..... come on!
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

Quote Originally Posted by CampRipleyLF View Post
    Name:  MT.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  18.3 KB

Any minute now..... come on!
    Fingers crossed! Good luck folks!!
    "Lord I'm learning so much more, Than back when I knew it all" Montgomery Gentry

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast