Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

help me decide on new set of tires

Goodyear Duratrac are the best selling tire around here hands down. Tire stores can't keep them in stock. We have them on our F250.
I have some Cooper Duck Commanders All terrain on my F150 and they have been just fine, not near the traction in snow but have been ok for our highway truck that goes hunting.
The Duratracs go anywhere and no flats on them so far/

"Little" being the key word.. Sucks when you can't hardly carry a conversation due to tire noise though.

That's what I'm talking about, they're a decent happy medium as far as noise IMO. Years ago I used to run the older style of BFG Mud TAs...now those were tires that would shut down the conversation!

I hated how BF Goodys wore on my truck.

I upgraded to Hankooks and absolutely love them. We ran them on our work trucks for a bit too, but had to be much more adamant about rotating them no more than 9000 miles. Running Falkens on the work trucks now and have been very pleased

Anybody running the ST MAXX notice any excessive road noise? I've got Cooper AT/3 on my SUV(also 10 ply), the drone from about 35-55 mph is awful. Tread wear has been good though and haven't had any flats yet after about 55k miles.

I've got BFG AT T/A KO2 on my pickup, and in my opinion has been a superior tire (traction and treadwear as good as the Coopers, no bad road noise).

After 55kish, I just put my second set of Cooper 10ply AT3s on my Duramax. I could have run them another 5k, but wanted fresh tread and was tired of the drone / road noise - which started at 1/2 to 2/3 tread life (30k or so). New set I just put on is quiet as can be. While my use is primarily highway - very happy with them.

When I was hauling beets last fall I saw that most of the farm pickups had the 10 ply Coopers. When I asked one farmer he told me that it was because they last so long on the gravel roads.

I've got Cooper S/T Maxx on my F250. Absolutely abused them in Wyoming, California, Arizona, and Alabama (more rocks than you'd think) and they're holding just fine.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back