2018 Colorado Turkey Thread

Closed out the Turkey season with my son...no matter what we did the turkeys Just kept winning and didnt even know they were in a game...50-60 yards. Maybe as close as45 but I wanted them inside 40 for him. Very little gobbling on the roost none once they hit the ground. Except for 1 that was a ways off but I believe he is the 1 that shows himself at the end. I think my boy had about enough by then and just wasn't mentally in the game. Maybe next year
https://youtu.be/tq1gRAizsZM

Had an amazing season on OTC birds and was lucky enough to see 6 hit the dirt! All of them came in gobbling their heads off except for bird#3 that gobbled once and came in silent 10 minutes later.

jason gobbler 2018.jpg
KC Jake.jpg
mark gobbler 2018.jpg
Mike gobbler 2018-1.jpg
Pono 18 gobbler.jpg
travis1.jpg

I was lucky enough to be able to seal the deal on a Rampart Range bird this season. Heard him gobble two ridges over and managed to circle around in-front of him. The boom stick did the trick after stalking into 40 yards. A hunter 150 yards behind me kept him gobbling. I never even had to make a sound! It was a pretty amazing experience (and a heck of a hike out), although I hate that the other hunter did all the work for me without him knowing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back