Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2018 Colorado Turkey Thread

Closed out the Turkey season with my son...no matter what we did the turkeys Just kept winning and didnt even know they were in a game...50-60 yards. Maybe as close as45 but I wanted them inside 40 for him. Very little gobbling on the roost none once they hit the ground. Except for 1 that was a ways off but I believe he is the 1 that shows himself at the end. I think my boy had about enough by then and just wasn't mentally in the game. Maybe next year
https://youtu.be/tq1gRAizsZM

Had an amazing season on OTC birds and was lucky enough to see 6 hit the dirt! All of them came in gobbling their heads off except for bird#3 that gobbled once and came in silent 10 minutes later.

jason gobbler 2018.jpg
KC Jake.jpg
mark gobbler 2018.jpg
Mike gobbler 2018-1.jpg
Pono 18 gobbler.jpg
travis1.jpg

I was lucky enough to be able to seal the deal on a Rampart Range bird this season. Heard him gobble two ridges over and managed to circle around in-front of him. The boom stick did the trick after stalking into 40 yards. A hunter 150 yards behind me kept him gobbling. I never even had to make a sound! It was a pretty amazing experience (and a heck of a hike out), although I hate that the other hunter did all the work for me without him knowing it.

Back