TEDx - America's Public Land Experiment

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to the Hunt Talker who got me invited to this event. If you are so inclined, feel free to share this video.

[video=youtube_share;bcCVI-g3RbQ]https://youtu.be/bcCVI-g3RbQ[/video]

Well said, Randy. The "great experiment" regarding public lands as related to our representative democracy was clearly articulated in a historical context. Thank-you for sharing.

Thank you Randy for your relentless persuit of saving our public lands by using any forum possible and with such passion!

Last edited:
Great stuff Randy. I’m currently teaching civics to my 8th grade students, and your idea of “Are these experiments still worth continuing?” is such a great jumping off question for our upcoming study of the big issues our country faces. I think I’ll be using your video in my classroom. Thank you!

Well said.

You are pretty dressed up. Maybe a tie in the future?

Great stuff Randy, this needs to be distributed widely. I especially love the quote "these public lands of American, represents the greatest concentration of undistributed wealth on the planet".

Thanks for reminding me that I own stock in the worlds largest land company.

Talking as you did about this "great experiment" expresses the whole matter in a slightly different perspective for me. Really good to hear it.

Very well articulated speech Randy! Like someone said above the TED platform should ensure this message reaches a wide audience. Job well done!

I think this was really unique in the way that the message can be relayed to an audience that doesn't partake in outdoor recreation. That is important so that they can understand why public lands are so important for everyone.

Thanks Randy!

Thank you for going to such lengths to bring a common-sense yet well explained discussion about public trust doctrine to those outside the sportsman sphere of dialogue. I brought this up on a tv at my sister-in-law's home this past Saturday during a small party she was hosting and was able to expose a number of non-sportsmen and women to this discussion and consequently hold an objective management based discussion about hunting. Keep it up, it is making an impact on the future.

Thanks for the comments and accolades. And thanks for all the shares.

I only hope the comments are half this positive when CBS airs my 60 Minutes wolf reintroduction interview in the next month. Might seek asylum in the witness protection program when that one comes out.

I watched it today while waiting for my wife at her Dr. appointment. Great job Randy! I give it 5 out of 5 stars!

Sounds like you need to borrow a war buddy's Kevlar and battle helmet for the blows and shrapnel you may have lobbed your direction; good for you to take a stand against illogical wildlife management agendas.

Back