Default TEDx - America's Public Land Experiment

Thanks to the Hunt Talker who got me invited to this event. If you are so inclined, feel free to share this video.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

Well said, Randy. The "great experiment" regarding public lands as related to our representative democracy was clearly articulated in a historical context. Thank-you for sharing.

Thank you Randy for your relentless persuit of saving our public lands by using any forum possible and with such passion!
    Last edited by genesis273; 04-15-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    Can't figure people down there eating hog when they could feed on elk.
    Bear Claw "Jeremiah Johnson"

Well done Randy!

Great stuff Randy. I’m currently teaching civics to my 8th grade students, and your idea of “Are these experiments still worth continuing?” is such a great jumping off question for our upcoming study of the big issues our country faces. I think I’ll be using your video in my classroom. Thank you!

Well said Randy!
    I will be passing it along.

Well said.

You are pretty dressed up. Maybe a tie in the future?

Well said indeed. Great job Big Fin!

Hardly recognize you all dressed up Randy.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir

Thanks for the link. Top notch presentation as always.

Excellent presentation. Sharing this through the TED platform should help get the message to new audiences. Thanks for doing this.

Great stuff Randy, this needs to be distributed widely. I especially love the quote "these public lands of American, represents the greatest concentration of undistributed wealth on the planet".
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

Thanks for reminding me that I own stock in the worlds largest land company.

Talking as you did about this "great experiment" expresses the whole matter in a slightly different perspective for me. Really good to hear it.
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

Very well articulated speech Randy! Like someone said above the TED platform should ensure this message reaches a wide audience. Job well done!

15. Default

I think this was really unique in the way that the message can be relayed to an audience that doesn't partake in outdoor recreation. That is important so that they can understand why public lands are so important for everyone.

Thanks Randy!

Thank you for going to such lengths to bring a common-sense yet well explained discussion about public trust doctrine to those outside the sportsman sphere of dialogue. I brought this up on a tv at my sister-in-law's home this past Saturday during a small party she was hosting and was able to expose a number of non-sportsmen and women to this discussion and consequently hold an objective management based discussion about hunting. Keep it up, it is making an impact on the future.

Thanks for the comments and accolades. And thanks for all the shares.

I only hope the comments are half this positive when CBS airs my 60 Minutes wolf reintroduction interview in the next month. Might seek asylum in the witness protection program when that one comes out.
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

I watched it today while waiting for my wife at her Dr. appointment. Great job Randy! I give it 5 out of 5 stars!

Sounds like you need to borrow a war buddy's Kevlar and battle helmet for the blows and shrapnel you may have lobbed your direction; good for you to take a stand against illogical wildlife management agendas.

Name:  thumbs up.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  6.0 KB

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fin View Post
    Thanks for the comments and accolades. And thanks for all the shares.

I only hope the comments are half this positive when CBS airs my 60 Minutes wolf reintroduction interview in the next month. Might seek asylum in the witness protection program when that one comes out.
    I'm looking forward to this one too!