MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

South dakota west river whitail only , fall river unit 27b questions

Abhays21

Hey all , just have general questions about hunting a whitetail this year in southdakota , I'm from wyoming so can answer any questions about elk , mulies and antelope etc here in exchange. Was thinking of hunting 27b fall river county public land and walkin looks like some whiteail/ mulie mixed country ...was just wondering if it's viable to shoot a decent whitail Buck on public or would I just be looking at 90% mulies I can't shoot ? Wyoming guy that just wants a change of pace to hunt some beautiful whitetail!

We were in that unit last year on my daughter's youth tag. Hunted from Hot Springs out to Oral and south around Angostura reservoir.

We saw a few white tails near the West side of the lake, but that was 27L. We saw more Mulies in that country than I thought I would. We didn't really see white tails until we got north of Hot Springs.

Would you think a further north unit like 15a has more whites? Can draw that also .

I'd look at the SD g&f website at tag quotas and success rates. If you find a unit that allocates triple the whitetail tags as they do muley tags, or require you to apply for a whitetail doe tag with your buck tag, odds are you'll be into whitetails.

I'd look at the SD g&f website at tag quotas and success rates. If you find a unit that allocates triple the whitetail tags as they do muley tags, or require you to apply for a whitetail doe tag with your buck tag, odds are you'll be into whitetails.

This!

Thanks guys , did research all evening pretty much figured out were to put in for , the sd game and parks website is amazing , anyone needs any wyoming elk , deer , lope advice let me know !

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back