Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 31 of 31
  1. #26

    Default

    Get a french press, a cooler, and enjoy the silence.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archer wapiti View Post
    Get a french press, a cooler, and enjoy the silence.
    I agree. We have a camper and genni set up for summer camping in Midwest summers but when we head west all that stuff stays at home.

    Nothing like a cup of coffee out of the press on a mountain morning to get you going.

    Also, while I do own one of the "cool" coolers it's not really needed in the mountains in the fall, IMO. Every year I pull out the giant Coleman that I bought at wally world for 60 bucks and load it up. Precool everything in the fridge before loading, a few frozen milk jugs and then loose ice to fill the voids around food and drink and a tray to keep certain things dry. I still always have some ice in jugs when I get back home.

  3. #28

    Default

    I'm using the good old Toyota corolla as my hunting rig for the last 5 years and am therefore stuck with coolers. I typically bring a coleman 120 empty for meat, a coleman 60 with food and some block ice and then a yeti 65 with a 10lb block of dry ice and then maxed out with mobile oil jugs filed with ice (they are more rectangular so they stack better and you can wedge more into a cooler). I typically only open the yeti 3-4 times a trip to add ice to the coleman as needed and then to fill the 120 with ice once I get something down. I've done a 10 day hunt and had rock hard ice jugs on the last day.

    Also agree with above, get a french press.

  4. Default

    I have the champion invertor generator 2000 Watt 2 of them actually. They work great and are quiet. Half the price of a honda.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anduhconduh, Montana
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mallardsx2 View Post
    I have the champion invertor generator 2000 Watt 2 of them actually. They work great and are quiet. Half the price of a honda.
    What elevation have you been using the Champion? In reading the reviews the few reviews that are negative have to do with them operating poorly at the higher elevations. After my research, I've been planning on buying the Champion 3100 but some of the elevation reviews have me hesitant now.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    SW Michigan
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BRI View Post
    What elevation have you been using the Champion? In reading the reviews the few reviews that are negative have to do with them operating poorly at the higher elevations. After my research, I've been planning on buying the Champion 3100 but some of the elevation reviews have me hesitant now.
    I just read the HB Predator 2000 manual and it has the same issue. For those of you with the Honda do you have any issues with elevation? Cold temps?
    Last edited by Addicting; 04-17-2018 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Bad info first time :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •