MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

How Does This Work?

Brian in Montana

I have a couple of things in my in-laws' garage sale today that I'd like to get rid of if they don't sell there. A Lee Safety Powder Scale, it's a balance beam-type scale. The other is an assorted box of bass lures and crappie jigs that I'm certain I'll never use again. The only thing I've ever sold on line was some tires that I met the buyer in person and got a check placed in my hand. Selling and sending an item via the mail is not something I've done.

So, I guess I post the ad, include pictures and desired price. And when somebody wants to buy it, they mail me a check(?) which once it clears I put the merchandise in the mail?

If you have paypal it works well for money exchange, I've bought a pack from a fellow HTer a while ago, he walked me through it and it went pretty easy. Maybe someone more informed could help you more if you plan to go that rout.

If you're on facebook there's a ton of buy/sell/trade pages that are local to your community or nearest big city. I've bought and sold through them and it's nice because you can meet the person in person and actually see the merchandise before you buy it and get cash in hand.

Go to the PayPal website. Create an account via an E-mail account that links to your chosen bank account. It's proven to be a secure link, so put that concern aside. I've done business with a few members of HT & it all went Lickity-Clickity ever time. There is a minor surcharge, both ways, but not outrageous.

Ask for a postal money order, bank draft or PayPal, but PP takes a cut. I don't trust anyone the other 3rd party money transfer apps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back