Nevada hunting license and bonus points

mcclaskey78

Does anyone know if you can use your Nevada hunting license to apply 2 years in a row for bonus points? In other words is the hunting/combination license good for a full year? Thanks in advance

License has to be good on the date of the draw, so the answer is no unfortunately.

Ok thank you. $200 per year sure is a lot for bonus points. Especially if you consider it will likely take 25 years or more to draw.

That’s the conclusion I came to 5 years ago when I was considering starting Nevada. The $1,000 I saved in that time will easily pay for the warm, sunny vacation I’m taking with my family next week. That vacation will be fun, but it will also make it easier for me to go hunting this fall. If Nevada didn’t square points I’d have jumped in, but I know a rotten deal when I see one and have zero regrets staying away.

That’s the conclusion I came to 5 years ago when I was considering starting Nevada. The $1,000 I saved in that time will easily pay for the warm, sunny vacation I’m taking with my family next week. That vacation will be fun, but it will also make it easier for me to go hunting this fall. If Nevada didn’t square points I’d have jumped in, but I know a rotten deal when I see one and have zero regrets staying away.

I couldn't agree more, only way its worth it is if you plan to take a lesser area through 2nd or 3rd choice for awhile..

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. Pretty depressing seeing hunting become such a rich man's sport. I often wonder if my son will even be able to hunt in our home state by the time he's 12, let alone any surrounding states. It's never gonna cost less or be any easier to draw.

I ran some math and the 1,2,5,10,17, 26, 37, 50, 65, 82, 101...progression if build points and are not drawn hits an apex around 16 years of point-building for elk.

Up until you hit around 16 years then you are seeing your odds, relative to all higher point applicants fall, each year. This is because there are so many applicants that are not drawn that all those applicants in the upper point strata grow faster than you grow. You are still ahead of anyone growing points that starts even one year after you do but they are not your real competition. It is those applicants at your level and any level ahead of you that apply for your hunt choices.

Of course, you may be drawn in your first year when have one squared point. You would not be the first person to draw a tag in NV as a non-resident with 1 point. Does not happen very often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back