Montana Buffalo

Badlandcat

Been applying since the season started back up, but now kinda on fence about applying this year. Have heard about a lot of bad experience's in the last couple years. What's everyone's opinion on the hunt? thanks

Been applying since the season started back up, but now kinda on fence about applying this year. Have heard about a lot of bad experience's in the last couple years. What's everyone's opinion on the hunt? thanks

The Wilderness hunt would be cool. Hells a Roaring quoted my cousin 2500 to pack one out, which is a chunk of money but it is a 35 mile round trip from gardiner with 8 pack stock plus riding stock.

The migration one was a shit show this year according to my buddy that had a tag.

The peanut gallery of usuals on here would just dismiss his first hand experiences as him being a racist, so I won’t bother to explain why.

I do know two people that have hunted Bison on the Crow res, and had a great hunt. It’s not technically free range, as they are fenced in by geography, but they are far wilder acting than park bison. Not sure what the cost is but it may be worth exploring. The native guys I’ve met that guide it are awesome guys too.

I have mulled it over the years with the experiences i have heard but it doesn't stop me from applying and hopefully one day getting to experience it. There will always be haters out there no matter what. And they can kiss my ass!

Are there any private herds/ranches that offer a decent hunt experience?

Back