Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming 3 Points, That gonna be enough?

dzlfarmboy

Hey guys so over that last couple years I have been grabbing some antelope points to use when I thought It would be a better fit for my schedule over a Elk/Muley hunt. Just looking over some options, seems that majority of the high populated BLM land is pretty high for minimum point draws. Has there been a lot of point creep over the past few years? I haven't been following it very well as my interest last few years have been Elk and mule deer.

I'm expecting major point creep. I wouldn't feel comfortable unless you have 2 or more points than what a hunt took last year.

Point creep is the rule more than the exception these days. I expect this year to be no different. I have one more than has ever been needed for deer and am very skeptical that I can draw it. As BlakeA said, I wouldn't feel overly confident unless I had 2 more than it took last year. Some units did have increased quotas, which could help.

You could always put in for the more expensive premium tag for better odds. The price is pretty ridiculous now, but that's just my opinion. You're already travelling so far what's a few more dollar bills??

Probably some point creep so assume a 1 point creep on your unit. You should double check to see if there are more tags in your unit this year as someone else suggested. Someone posted the proposed tag numbers awhile back if you hunt around here you can look to see if there was a tag increase in the unit you want to hunt. Overall you will have a good time and see animals in pretty much any unit you select.

You could always put in for the more expensive premium tag for better odds. The price is pretty ridiculous now, but that's just my opinion. You're already travelling so far what's a few more dollar bills??

Agreed 100%, I don't think a lot of people are going to want to pay the premium anymore for an pronghorn buck tag, elk I believe they would but not pronghorn.

If cost is not a factor then 3 points should get you into a decent unit applying for a special.

If cost is not a factor then 3 points should get you into a decent unit applying for a special. That would be $614 special fee as compared to $326 regular.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back