PEAX Equipment

Cutting costs...

4 days of travel from Ohio? Splurge a few bucks on some redbull,1 day there 1 day back.

Good luck with your plans!

I have driven to Colorado several times. 27 hour drive and I never shut the truck off...

Dont like the hotel costs.

Have paid for a last minute shower at a truck stop a couple times.

You could offer a non-hunting friend lessons in hunting antelope and then introduce him to hunting etiquette of splitting the bill.
Shoot Does only, I think the tags are about $36.00.
I can pints of stews, soups, and chili through out the year and then use then when we travel. I have a stanley small cook set that I use with a canned fuel stove set. I place the pint in the pot fill with water, cover and boil for ten minutes, open and enjoy a great hot meal.
See if anyone needs a ride to were you are going?

This. I can't imagine driving all that way and being stressed out counting pennies the whole time. Start saving and go in 2019.

This ... Sure I like anyone try to keep trip costs down , but for me I usually go on my one 8-10 day hunting trip a year . I Go to have a good time , stay on decent hotels , have good meals at local cafes and watering holes . If I had to sleep in my pickup every night and eat oatmeal the entire time I think I'd save up and only go every few years . To each their own - but last thing I'm gonna do is go on a trip and worry about $

After reading all posts , I really think you should take a year and save up and be more prepared financially to go next year . By the way absolutely No offense intended . God bless you for wanting to do it . I just think you should re group , and save up for a year and then do the trip that you dream of , get ten days off or so and have a great worry free trip

Travel expenses and food are easiest ways to cut costs. Find your cheapest rental or fly and rental rate. If you drive out spend your sleep time in Walmart parking lot. Bring your own food either precooked and frozen or ready to cook. Camping is free on BLM and FS land when you get here.
Walmart parking lots are the go to spots for traveling motor homes and campers across the west for a quick sleeping spot while traveling, it is very common and I believe the company welcomes it. Some areas it may seem strange but it is common across Wyoming and I believe other western and mid western states. They park out away from the entrance and are not bothered.

I have done this. Once in Dickinson, ND just about every redneck in town with a jacked up dual exhaust truck decided to head to Wal Mart and race around the parking lot at 1 in the morning. Finally said screw it and found a rest stop

Back