Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Karstetter Memorial Match

fishing4sanity

This year was the 6th annual Karstetter match, my sons and I have shot in 5 of the matches. This year was the wettest of them all, but still a very fun and challenging shoot. The rancher whose place the match takes place on was even kind enough to provide a couple of tractors to pull vehicles. Just thought I'd share a few pics for those interested in PRS type shooting.
20180409_171744.jpg
20180407_152202-01.jpg
20180407_130950-01.jpg
On most of the stages you only use your primary rifle, but this stage included 15 pistol targets and an AR target shown here at 325 yards, then you had to run a short distance to your primary rifle and finish on a target at 860 yards with some nasty winds.
20180408_142434-01.jpg
The match started in a nasty downpour and you simply had to lay down in mud and water and enjoy the day. I'm looking forward to next year's match, but hoping it's in drier conditions. (BTW, I'm open to suggestions for affordable and effective rain gear - mine failed.)
20180407_131621-01.jpeg

Very nice!! Glad you two are able to do those together.

I think I could get into that type of shooting matches. Just short on time, money, and skill... :D

Karstetter is a really good match, I shot it the last two years but not this year. Won’t lie, when I saw the conditions you guys had I was not sad I shot in good weather in Wyoming instead!

Very nice!! Glad you two are able to do those together.

I think I could get into that type of shooting matches. Just short on time, money, and skill... :D
If you get a chance, sign-up and shoot a match, lots of fun. At this match I was with all three of my sons, we don't always get all of us there, but great family time when it works for all of us. The first couple of matches I shot was with my 270 short mag, but it is easy to spend a bunch of money on rifles/gear. As for skill ..... my sons are headed one direction and I seem to be going the other way.

Karstetter is a really good match, I shot it the last two years but not this year. Won’t lie, when I saw the conditions you guys had I was not sad I shot in good weather in Wyoming instead!

It was still fun, but at the time you had to remind yourself that being cold, soaked and laying in mud was fun. By the end it was just dealing with wind, as usual for that area, but dry air at least and much more enjoyable.

If you get a chance, sign-up and shoot a match, lots of fun. At this match I was with all three of my sons, we don't always get all of us there, but great family time when it works for all of us. The first couple of matches I shot was with my 270 short mag, but it is easy to spend a bunch of money on rifles/gear. As for skill ..... my sons are headed one direction and I seem to be going the other way.
All too often I take "fun" out of the success equation. It's awesome the 4 of you were able to do this together. I'm guessing the 3 sons push/rib each other enough that they are getting better... :D

Back