Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Glock

From my research hardcast bullets such a sthose made by Buffalo Bore are acceptable for use in Glock pistols.

I'm sure a 15 round burst would be safe. If a guy could even get that many fired in a bear crisis. I carry them in my .357 woods gun. 180's at 1400 fps. Smoking in a .357. mtmuley

I'm sure a 15 round burst would be safe. If a guy could even get that many fired in a bear crisis. I carry them in my .357 woods gun. 180's at 1400 fps. Smoking in a .357. mtmuley

Back to the thread. I like the fact that I could prob rattle off twice as many rounds in semi-auto as my wheel gun on a charging bear. Whatever that number may be. And I damn sure could draw it faster.
But a hangup of any kind means you are screwed. I do carry semi auto when not in bear country.
The trade off is the reliability and the monster size power of a wheel gun. I do not mind the weight when I am considering the potential problems. it's just a cost of being there.
Then, for me, there is the safety issue. there is no 'cocked and locked' for a glock. My 'tupperware' (I like that, Cush) models either have a hammer or, the striker fired have an active safety. Having said all of that, there is
clock somewhere in the back of the safe, snuggled up to the Snooty Sixteen when it's not loaned out somewhere. But it seldom comes out anymore unless I take a newby to the range and I need something with less recoil.

Last edited:
Dan O,
My question too was about the shorter .40 case not being able to fire in the 10mm, due to lack of case mouth support, but I was told at the last Glock Armorer's school (April 11, 2017), that the extractor will hold the cartridge (.40 cal) in place and it will function. I don't have a 10mm, or a 40 so I have never tried it.

I thought about that but I think that would be a last ditch attempt if that's all you had and had to fire a round. I would not depend on it.

Dan

My brother and my Dad have a Glock 20 in 10mm. I've spent time shooting them, though less than 500 rounds. Like Dan O, the grip angle is tough for me to get accustomed to. If I were sold enough on the benefit of carrying a 10mm in the woods (and I do see some benefits) - then I would spend the time to change my form with that gun. Accuracy is good (nothing that would scare me away). I'm just too familiar with my Kimber .45 or my .44 Mags to want to switch.

I have always loved revolvers, just recently got my first auto (a glock). Now I want them all. I love the factory sights and it shoots real well for me.

Last edited:
My brother and my Dad have a Glock 20 in 10mm. I've spent time shooting them, though less than 500 rounds. Like Dan O, the grip angle is tough for me to get accustomed to. If I were sold enough on the benefit of carrying a 10mm in the woods (and I do see some benefits) - then I would spend the time to change my form with that gun. Accuracy is good (nothing that would scare me away). I'm just too familiar with my Kimber .45 or my .44 Mags to want to switch.

As I understand it's about 4 degrees more rake than a 1911 variant (18*1911 to 22* Glock, IIRC)...I can see how muscle/eye memory would have to be corrected. I've never operated a Glock.

I've found Glocks to be easier to shoot than other tupperware guns, but that may just be me.

Glocks are like creedmoores....gotta get a man bun and flannel shirt and beard and smell like patchouli :hump:

Cushman with the deep cut. Covfefe!

A Glock, a Creedmoor and a Subaru. Outta my way. mtmuley

That’s the beginning to a bad joke... as a Creedmoor owner I resemble that.

I like Glock but when it came time to buy one I went with a M&P 40L so I could use the adjustable grips. If your concerned about the fit in your hand maybe give S&W a look.

I think the wheelgun is a much better wilderness gun. A .357 or a .45 would be my personal choice because of the low power short cartridges that can also be used if wanted. So I like money unless I can turn the Glock into more money. However, Glocks are very good guns for the most part.

In the interest of full disclosure I have a Creedmoor but no man bun.

From everything I have seen Hi Point makes a reliable weapon. In America.

You just have to admit you are carrying a Hi Point. :p

I actually have a 9MM Hi Point and have never had an issue with it. It's cool to have friends that are broke and sell guns for $50 back before Dickenlooper's new gun laws that you need a background check to sell a gun to your buddy.

MTmuley, you should pass on the Glock and get the cash. Then embrace your inner Magnum and get a .460 snub nose revolver. It would be just about as practical as getting a Hipoint.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back