Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Glock

mtmuley

Might take a Glock 20 10mm in trade. I don't know much about semi-auto handguns. Don't own one, never have, revolver guy. So, as far as semi pistols, tell me about the Glock 20 10mm. Thanks guys, mtmuley

Don't have a 10mm....but have a couple Glocks. Simple, reliable , accurate. You can't go wrong with a Glock IMO.

I shot police competition for a while with a Glock, enjoyed shooting it. I haven’t messed with a 20 in 10mm, but 10mm would be a good close range hunting round.

What do you think you intended use for it would be?

It will be my choice for a bear gun if I ever find myself there.

Carry and compete with 9mm Glock. Simple, reliable, easy to work on, tough.

Again, thanks. Sounds like a solid handgun. I handload , and have a bud with a Dillon 550B. Should help with ammo cost. mtmuley

Retail is around $600, used I would look for around $450. Stock vs aftermarket sights can bump price. Gen3 vs 4 vs 5 can also add price. Should have at least 2 mags, maybe 3 with it. My service is in .40 as is my backup/CCW. There is a reason so many LEO use them. Mine have never had an issue performing. Any issues have arose from ammo.

Do it, 10 is the real deal.. I would take a 10mm glock over a .357 in bear country any day..

Heavier of the Glocks though that is better for many aspects and not so great in others. If to carry concealed - IMO, it is too large. Look at the 27 .40 or the new 43 9mm for CQC type needs. If for back country / home defense - that'll be your huckleberry. :)

Glock is right up your ally. Simple, accurate, reliable, and tough. I have a 21 .45 auto very accurate.

I can't deal with the grip angle on Glocks. I always end up having to conciously push the muzzle down.

I have heard and read that you can shoot .40 ammo out of them for plinking and practice with no ill effects. 10mm ammo is expensive, but since you will reload, that will help.

Would take a DA/SA Sig over Glock every time, but 10mm is a good woodsman's semi-auto caliber. (but I too like a revolver for the great outdoors)

Betcha muley has done his homework & he's checkin' to see if we've done ours...he's sly that way ; )

Nice tool...pics whenever

Betcha muley has done his homework & he's checkin' to see if we've done ours...he's sly that way ; )

Nice tool...pics whenever

I've looked at one of these before. Just couldn't justify purchasing one. I know guys that have and carry them for a woods gun. I also respect the opinion and experience of the folks here. Just have to decide if I want the Glock, or money. Thanks all, mtmuley

Some things to know. Glock is a reliable semi auto and functions well. For me the grip angle is wrong I shot S&W and Colt semi auto's for to many years to be comfortable with the Glock. Had a model 27 and traded it for a down payment on a Shiloh Sharps order. That rifle is being built as we speak. I have a S&W 1006 10mm that I carried for duty. The 10mm is a great caliber if loaded to the potential. If you reload use jacketed bullets NOT lead. The rifling can built up lead and create high pressure, not a good out come. I'm not sure if this is still an issue with the newer models. It would be worth your time to check it out.

Also mentioned was the ability to use 40 S&W in the Glock 10mm is wrong. The 40 S&W is shorter that the 10mm. The cartridge head spaces on the shoulder. So the 40 S&W can slide forward in the chamber and then you will have a misfire or possibly other issues. Bottom line use only 10mm ammo in a 10mm semi auto. In a revolver with moon clips you could get away with it.

Good Luck,
Dan

Last edited:
Dan O,
My question too was about the shorter .40 case not being able to fire in the 10mm, due to lack of case mouth support, but I was told at the last Glock Armorer's school (April 11, 2017), that the extractor will hold the cartridge (.40 cal) in place and it will function. I don't have a 10mm, or a 40 so I have never tried it.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back