Glock

Solid, reliable, functional. They aren't aesthetically pleasing, but I don't think many people buy Glocks as a fondling gun. It'll shoot every time you pull the trigger.

i own a G20 and love it, it is my primary back country gun when in bear country. very accurate. i have used it down south on a pig hunt, got DRT results on a 175lb boar that was 65 yards away. i've used the Federal 180 gr. hunting loads,( if you can find them stock up), and double tap 200 gr woodsman loads. Also have used Buffalo Bore "bear loads", but only on paper, very accurate, can consistently knock over bowling pins with authority at a 100yds. the thing about Glock is, they are so reliable, it's boring.

My G27 .40 was feeling pretty damn small last year as I was pulling trigger slack while getting bluff charged by a brain dead black bear. The situation has since been corrected with a G29 10mm with Buffalo Bore loads.

My G27 .40 was feeling pretty damn small last year as I was pulling trigger slack while getting bluff charged by a brain dead black bear. The situation has since been corrected with a G29 10mm with Buffalo Bore loads.

a 44 mag should solve that :hump:

The 6.5 thing won't happen. As far as the Glock, I would rather have a light wheel gun in .41 magnum. The Glock is tough to turn down for an afternoon helping a bud on his new house. We'll see. mtmuley

I went into Axman to buy a .44 mag for the woods and walked out with a Glock 20. I do have several other Glocks that made the choice a bit easier. The main thing for me was the capacity of the two, (same with any other revolver.) Shooting it for the first time was just the same as shooting my other Glocks in 9mm and 45ACP. I would recommend getting the Glock, and if money is tight for the "expensive ammo" pm me and I can tell you were to get some good ammo for half the price local in Montana.

You can't go wrong with a Glock very reliable and dependable well made pistols. Alot of law enforcement agencies were using them. That should speak volumes there.

Luv me some Glocks!!

I've shot tens of thousands of rounds through 17's, 19's, 22's, 23's and 27's and they just run and run and run. Yes, my out-of-the-box Kimber 1911 is more accurate than my Glocks but I also don't have malfunctions in the Glocks like I do in the Kimber (which is honestly more magazine-related than anything). But the Glocks run dirty and they don't care about what mag you put in them.

I have a 20 and I really like it. Fully-loaded I'd bet its lighter overall than my 5 1/2" SBH .44 fully-loaded but haven't weighed either to verify this....it just feels lighter. The .44 requires a certain degree more concentration for me to shoot accurately due to the recoil than the 20. The 20 seems to soak up recoil whereas the 44 seems to transfer it all right to my hand/wrist. I can run the 20 similar to how I run my 22/.40 at rapid fire pace. Could not begin to do that with a 44 unless I downloaded it quite a bit. About the only issue I've had with the 20 is finding a Kydex/polymer single mag pouch for it......ended up going with the Glock version and it works fine.

As far as reloads in Glocks, most of what I've put through mine are reloads. I've run mostly jacketed bullets like Montana Gold and Zero's, but I have run plated (Berry's) and coated/baked (Leatherhead) through them too. You don't want to run plain ol' lead through them and I haven't. I've never experienced the "Glock bulge" problem that some reloading companies have made special sizing dies for.......I use a Dillon 550 press with RCBS carbide dies and my ammunition works fine.

I like my Glock. I've put several thousand rounds through it with no issue. The only reason I don't have a 20 is that every time I pick one up it feels too wide in the hand. If I were to shoot one, I might change my mind but I'm not going to buy/trade for one if it doesn't feel right in the store. I have killed a deer that was hit by a car with my 17 and hot 115gr XTPs but would not choose that round for stopping bear. I had to shoot that deer twice. The first shot hit it in the neck and brought it down and the second was a coup de grace to the head. With a 10mm I would use a hot cast load with a wide meplat. The main problem with shooting cast in a Glock is leading in the barrel. I shoot powder coated lead bullets out of mine and have not had an issue but I always clean the barrel to a new finish after a long training session or competition.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back