PEAX Equipment

2018 MT Deer & Elk Drawing Results

The fact that there is a delay is not nearly as troubling as the timing. It does suggest that FWP was surprised by some problem(s) that popped up just before going live. If they knew they needed more time, it should have been announced well in advance of the actual draw week. And why did region 7 post prior to the other Facebook pages? The messaging should be a bit more coordinated.

Anybody here know what the actual issue for the delay is? No? Continue with your cathartic reckoning.

I'm more interested in these mock drawings they have performed in years gone by. It'd be cool to see the results of those. I have no doubt the hunting gods are simply confused, as the hunting gods lack omniscience, and that is where my 380 bull tag has been going.

That is funny that on facebook under region 7 they announced it? You would of thought being registered on the fwp email updates that would be the first place you would hear the news???

Anybody here know what the actual issue for the delay is? No? Continue with your cathartic reckoning.

I'm more interested in these mock drawings they have performed in years gone by. It'd be cool to see the results of those. I have no doubt the hunting gods are simply confused, as the hunting gods lack omniscience, and that is where my 380 bull tag has been going.

I would really like to know what a mock drawing is. If it looks good do they use it? Could I have drawn a tag in a mock drawing and then don't draw when they run it for real? This is something I never knew they did and something that I'm now wishing that I didn't know about.

I would really like to know what a mock drawing is. If it looks good do they use it? Could I have drawn a tag in a mock drawing and then don't draw when they run it for real? This is something I never knew they did and something that I'm now wishing that I didn't know about.

Does it matter if a coin is heads or tails when you pick it up to flip it?

The conspiracy theories I've heard and read this week are the best entertainment I've had in a long time. There isn't a salary in the world that would make me want to work for FWP this week.

I'd guess that a mock drawing is a run of the system in its test environment, which is perfectly analogous to their production environment. There are a lot of moving pieces: Available tags, applicants, bonus points, party draws, landowner permits, etc. It's doing a fair amount of processing. I would assume they then look at the results, maybe run some sort of statistical analysis to verify that their random number generation worked properly, and then they know that when they push the "execute" button in their production environment everything will go smoothly. They don't use the results of a mock drawing, it's just a QC check on a copy of the actual thing, before the big game - when all eyes are on you.

Last edited:
Does it matter if a coin is heads or tails when you pick it up to flip it?

The conspiracy theories I've heard and read this week are the best entertainment I've had in a long time. There isn't a salary in the world that would make me want to work for FWP this week.

I hope they are still running whatever conspiracy they did last year. It worked out pretty good for me! :)

I don't know why, but there is a small piece of me that has its hopes up each time I click on this thread that maybe FWP finished their chores early and conducted the drawing.

Honestly, if I was FWP, I would find out when my team thought they could have the drawing done, then tell folks that the drawings are going to happen a month after that. But it's good practice to remind myself that, instead of bitching about how the world doesn't revolve around me, I should be thankful that I get the chance to get excited about this each year.

I figure if it happens, when it happens... It will happen. Until then, I win points.

Good view, TRS

You all would have never been able to handle it back in the pre computer days when the permits came in the mail the first part of August.

My favorite are the comments about total squared points "Them there bastards told my cousin he had 101 chances to draw this year. HOW DO THEY FIGURE THAT!?!?! RIGGED! IT'S ALL RIGGED!"

I saw that too hahaahaha! I wanted to comment on it.

Also kinda wanted to put a violin emoji to most of their comments but I refrain from commenting on FB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back