Wyoming Region C

Stackem

We are going to be in region C on an antelope hunt and I thought about putting in for a deer tag. I'd like to try to get a good representative mule deer. I've shot my fair share of whitetails here in the Midwest, but this would be my first mulie. I'm setting on 4 points. Is it worth using the points or should I wait? A cousin and I are in the same boat with this decision.

Not worth four points in my opinion but you could apply in special draw as a second choice, save your points, and still draw a tag in C.

I sure wouldn't use 4 points for a regional tag that you could draw with zero points, if you're lucky (39% chance last year)

Maybe look into some other nearby areas that may have more public land and/or more deer.

How do you already have lope tag or are you just figuring to draw? C has some good deer in spots and could bewell worth points but thats still 4 years of waiting used on a easy tag in not best trophy area. There your points if you want to use them just do it!

Figuring to draw. I think I'm gonna hold off and use them with my daughter here in a couple of years when she's old enough to come out

Just because an area does not need PP to draw does not mean good bucks aren't there. Do some homework and find some likely spots for deer, call the biologist and ask some questions.
Many areas are off the radar for decent bucks and they have them.
That breaks country might surprise you.

Wytex is right but I'd sure rather not spend the four points. After you get hooked on mule deer you'll wisg you had the points for next year. I think I concur on spending the money for 2nd choice special.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back