Montana Wild Sheep Capture and Disease Test video

Very cool, it would be interesting to hear what the results of all the tests were and the outlook for that particular herd once the tests are completed. Videos like this show outdoors people where their money is going, very neat to see.

I thought I would pull this thread and this video back up from the archives, in hopes it would get rid of some of the rancor that seems to be festering these days.

If you want to support wild sheep, here are some links to do so. The volunteers in these groups are top notch. Some of them hang out here and post great information that is helpful for the cause of conservation advocacy:

Wild Sheep Foundation

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society

Montana Wild Sheep Foundation

Fraternity of the Desert Bighorn

Feel free to share links of any of the other state groups you work with and admire for the advocacy by their volunteers.

Great story and videos Ive only seen wild sheep once but love reading about them and all the effort to keep the heards healthy and thriving

Great video which I feel is important to show how not just sportsmen's dollars but sportsmen themselves contribute even if it's in a small way with boots on the ground help. A couple years ago in Petty Creek (Western Montana) I was going to help with a similar operation to capture sheep. Weather or the lack of weather actually kept it from happening. Hopefully I'll have a chance to get to do it sometime in the future.

Loved the video, make sure you tell them sheep to stay off the highway right there. I almost hit a lamb there in 2018. Cute little bugger, just jumped into the middle of the road and stood there.

In the spirit of keeping this going, here are a few pics I took that day.
IMG_E2209.jpg

IMG_E2212.jpg

IMG_E2214.jpg

It was a very cold and hectic day trying to squeeze that capture project into a short weather window. I usually have a chance to spend few minutes on site mingling with the biologists and volunteers, but on this day I didn't even notice that Randy and Marcus were there helping out and filming. I even got a picture with Randy in his very distinct hat working on a sheep.
IMG_2216.jpg

Last edited:
It was so cool to watch @theat do his job. Takes a special kind of person to do something that crazy. Appreciate the great footage you get from the risky work you do.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back