Caribou Gear

Spring bear in Montana

April 14 coming home from Thompson Falls and I was just west of Dixon saw a bear off of the highway to the south. It's going to be a late spring hunt this year for sure!

Warmer (relatively) weather is in the forecast for the next 10 days for Bozeman, but it won't make much difference for snow pack while you're here. The bears are probably still going to stretch the legs a bit, so If you can't move your hunt dates, then focus on western faces where the evening sun can help clear the snow off. Even with over 100" base in the Bridgers on the east slope, there will be brown hill sides by the end of the week on the west slope. That'll be the case for a lot of ranges, but I'd still expect a slow hunt and lots of miles on the boots. Good luck and keep us posted!

I was in Frenchtown and Huson yesterday. It was significantly more springtimey than anywhere else along the I 90 corridor in terms of greenup, but the snowline still wasn’t too far up the mountain. I’m sure there’s some bears out around there.

I was in Frenchtown and Huson yesterday. It was significantly more springtimey than anywhere else along the I 90 corridor in terms of greenup, but the snowline still wasn’t too far up the mountain. I’m sure there’s some bears out around there.

This is where I would go early. I went to Idaho over the weekend and the farther west you get the less snow and more green grass. The Fisher area looked huntable

It's almost 70 up here today !!
I'm getting the itch to take a walk about this weekend !!
Just got to finish my project and grab the gear . I don't care if I don't see any bears...I'm just ready to go for a hike !!
Good luck to those that hit the trail this weekend !!

Greening up nicely around Missoula. Have seen several bears now up north on the rez. If I was gonna go out before May I would be out near Plains-TFalls most likely. Good luck all!

Has anybody tried Black Bear in Boulder Mountain area, I’m coming out for 6 th trip the last two weeks of May and was thinking of trying this area. Usually we hunt Libby or Thompson Falls area but looking for a more open area and new scenery.

0 for 1, would say the hillsides are a couple weeks behind. Not much grass at all, will attempt again tonight.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back