Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Banning of knives in London.

I have a degree in culinary arts, I cook every night, and I don’t see why anyone needs a knife over 4”... I can do all my cooking with a paring knife.. it just takes longer.. if that’s what it takes to save lives.. I am going to go out and sawzall my henkels tonight... (insert stirring pot emoji here)..

Side story... my 12 year old daughter had her 13 year old friend over the other night for dinner.. we had steak.. we gave her a knife with her plate.. She politely asked me to take the knife because her parents didn’t let her touch knives. All of a sudden the world around me made sense..

Last edited:
You’d be advised to do some internet searching before you beleive these types of reports. There are some ‘amnesty’ bins in England but no, they are not trying to ban knives.

Side story... my 12 year old daughter had her 13 year old friend over the other night for dinner.. we had steak.. we gave her a knife with her plate.. She politely asked me to take the knife because her parents didn’t let her touch knives. All of a sudden the world around me made sense..

You gotta be kidding !

My almost six year-old peanut would be more like' "Pop Pop, can I use your pocket knife to get the mud out from my finger nails?" She is yammering about wanting to shoot a bow at the cabin this summer. I don't do bow, but will make it happen..

You’d be advised to do some internet searching before you beleive these types of reports. There are some ‘amnesty’ bins in England but no, they are not trying to ban knives.
You are totally correct, there is a lot more to this than sensational journalism.
I will give you one statistic, 50 people have been murdered in London since the new year, mainly by the use of knives (I'm sure if they could readily obtain a gun they would) and a large proportion is gang related.
Cheers
Richard

You are totally correct, there is a lot more to this than sensational journalism.
I will give you one statistic, 50 people have been murdered in London since the new year, mainly by the use of knives (I'm sure if they could readily obtain a gun they would) and a large proportion is gang related.
Cheers
Richard

There you have it. Proof that gun control eliminates gun violence. :) I bet all those dead people are glad they weren't shot.

This will be the U.S in 50 years, if it even takes that long. If you look at the restrictions by California, Colorado, New York, Illinois, and Connecticut have put on rifles and now the bans on semi auto rifles from Deerfield, Illinois and Boulder, Colorado it will happen eventually. The anti gun crowd is winning and winning big. Eventually enough localities will put restrictions or just out right bans on these types of rifles, then a few more stoates will. Then we will see it acted upon at the federal level. It seemed they shifted tactics by enacting These polices at the local level. I fear You’ll start to see more cities and counties follow suit.
They are committed to eating the elephant one bite at a time. I have to give it to them they are doing a damn good job at it.

My wives parents grew up on a farm but after Vietnam my father in law went to college. He would have been a farmer but his hand got blow up. He ended up being a accountant (how boring, minor dig at site owner).

Anyway they became city pretty quick and my wife is a city gal growing up. Her dad always cut up steak for her just the way he did it and I find my self doing it for my kids just because it is easier but all my kids know how to use a knife.

Anyway funny story my wife was good friends with the local news anchors daughter. She was over at her house eating steak dinner. John was home between the 6:00 news and the 10 to eat dinner with his family. They threw the steak in front of her with a knife. In the process of trying to cut her first steak she flung it on his suit. It is the one time he had a different suit for the 10 over the 6:00.

A gal I work with has a saying if she is looking at an attractive younger guy. She will holler out, is he old enough to cut his own meat?

Next toothbrushes will be eliminated because you can make a shank out of that. Then we eliminate...

Side note - my boys have had pocket knives since they were 4. They understand knife and gun safety as well as any elementary school kids can know safety unlike the kid who isn't aloud to touch knives or Tide pods. Yes we have pods too.

Cheers
Richard

So what are they proposing? Inquiring minds want to know, but not enough to sift through the BS when fishing is starting to pick up...

So what are they proposing? Inquiring minds want to know, but not enough to sift through the BS when fishing is starting to pick up...
'The new Offensive Weapons Bill, which will be brought forward within weeks, would also make it illegal to possess certain offensive weapons like zombie knives and knuckle-dusters in private.
The commitment of new legislation will form part of the government’s Serious Violence Strategy, which will be launched tomorrow.
It will mark a major shift in the government’s response to knife crime and gun crime and strike a balance between prevention and robust law enforcement.

Other measures which the Home Office intends to bring forward within weeks include:
stopping knives being sent to residential addresses after they are bought online
changing the legal definition for threatening with an offensive weapon to make prosecutions easier
banning the possession of a knife on a further education premises
banning rapid firing rifles, and certain powerful firearms and bump stocks, which increase a rifle’s rate of fire
updating the definition of a flick knife to reflect changing weapon designs'

Current law is:
Basic laws on knives
It’s illegal to:
sell a knife to anyone under 18, unless it has a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less
carry a knife in public without good reason, unless it has a folding blade with a cutting edge 3 inches long or less
carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife
use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife)

Good reasons for carrying a knife or weapon
Examples of good reasons to carry a knife or weapon in public can include:
taking knives you use at work to and from work
taking it to a gallery or museum to be exhibited
if it’ll be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes, for example the kirpan some Sikhs carry
if it’ll be used in a demonstration or to teach someone how to use it
A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife or a weapon if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.

Personally I have to be careful, I have a good reason to carry a knife when out deer stalking, but if I forget to remove it from my truck and drive into town, then I could be in trouble with the law, even if I have left it in my truck, all I need to happen is to be stopped by the police and truck searched, I could be prosecuted and would lose my firearms licence and guns, it can be a nightmare living here....sometimes.

The problems in London are complicated, but having huge cuts with the police force and less bobbies on the beat is a contributing factor in my opinion.

Cheers

Richard

Removing the tool and behaving like a tool chooses another tool....is addressing the wrong tool.

Rob, are you on your phone and fishing?;)

Last edited:
I think Steven Rinella has a story about losing a knife when he lived in New York City.

I have knifes all over my car, office house, etc. My boys have become knife hoarders themselves.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back