Caribou Gear

Any Western Zonz Users out there?

WildRHK

So this past weekend, we were at nearby high school for my 14 year old son's traveling basketball tournament. I was sitting there waiting for the game to start when I noticed a guy came in and sat down a couple rows below me in the bleachers. The camo jacket he had on caught my eye an right away I noticed that it was the Western Zonz pattern by Cabelas.

I don't own or wear any of that style of camo, so I was checking it out closely - hey, nothing else to do waiting for the game to start anyway!

What really caught my attention, and unfortunately continued to do so over the next 45 minutes that we sat there, were these 'gold metallic' specks that appeared to be shining that I kept seeing every time looked in that direction. I wanted to try and get a look at that jacket later, either in the hall or better yet outside, to see if I noticed the same shiny specks in a different light, but I never did get a chance to do that.

Has anyone else seen that or noticed that with that pattern? It was really odd, and it kept catching my eye because it seemed so unnatural for a camo pattern to have something like that woven into the fabric.

I don't know if the light from those fluorescent lights in that gym caused it, or what, but it was very noticeable. It also seemed to be very uniform to the fabric, so I don't think it was something he may gotten on the jacket.

I'm not trying to bash any product here, but I am curious if anyone else has noticed that in other Zonz garments... if it is typical, it seems odd to have that as part of a camo pattern.

I have a jacket and pants in the Zonz backcountry pattern and I love them. Have not noticed any sort of shiny anything in these. I also have a lightweight Zonz western pattern longsleeve T that I used to wear during archery. I like the pattern, but switched to a merino 1/4 zip because I couldn't get rid of the bad smell in the other shirt. All in all, I am a fan of these patterns, as long as they match the terrain you're hunting in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back