Weight.

There is a line that falls a bit below 8 pounds (scoped), above which I find a rifle intolerable. Perfection would be right around 7 pounds.

Not sure of threshold, but I just weighed my hunting rig the other day. 9 lbs loaded with sling and scope for 7mm rem mag. 10lbs if I throw the bipod on. I dislike recoil so I wouldn't want it any lighter. That said, I would like something lighter that kicks less.

Around 9-10# ready to go for me. I’ve carried them as heavy as 14# in the mountains but that’s a bit much.

Depends on where and what for. My "go-to" big game rifle weighs about 9.5# scoped and unloaded. I'd like it to be lighter, but I'm cheap and this one has a lot of memories and a heap of sentimental value. The boys Ruger American is about 7# scoped/loaded. I haven't really shot it enough to know if I'd really like that weight.

Svelte boomer Dale, don't think I'd want lighter.

I think it is perfect for a carry rifle that can stretch it. Bored on Sunday I did some surfing. Noticed that light weight was a concern for a large percentage of hunters. BUT, they also want to shoot "long range". Thought it interesting. The weight of my daypack is a bigger concern. mtmuley

I don't have a threshold I guess, Lightest I've carried has probably been 9lbs dressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back