Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

My stag just got an award

devon deer

I'm not into trophy hunting, but a chap I know measures heads for awards by the CIC, he asked to measure the red deer head out of interest, and it made a bronze award.

IMG_20180407_164948704~2~2.jpg

Look out Owen Beardsmore, (CervusUK), here comes Devon Deer. TV production companies will be knocking on your door before you know it.:) I noticed that section 3 on the CIC form says state land is an option for hunting. Are there state lands in the UK which people can hunt? Again, congratulations on the Award and the fine stag. Will the euro mount grace the wall above your hearth or is it up in the attic with the rest of your trophies?

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, Devon. Frame worthy along side the mount. Great looking euro! Love the antler color! Congrats!

Thanks everyone.

Congrats! Now you know how to compare it for an even BETTER one!
I had a call from a farmer last week, some new ground, he then text me a photo, I couldn't get there before it got dark, I will find the photo and post it up, there are a bunch of stags, one looks like a monster!

Congrats! What's the "160" area size?
It's the farm size in hectares, I don't deal in hectares so to me and you the farm was around 400 acres.

Look out Owen Beardsmore, (CervusUK), here comes Devon Deer. TV production companies will be knocking on your door before you know it.:) I noticed that section 3 on the CIC form says state land is an option for hunting. Are there state lands in the UK which people can hunt? Again, congratulations on the Award and the fine stag. Will the euro mount grace the wall above your hearth or is it up in the attic with the rest of your trophies?

Not a chance! I have a face for radio not TV!

Ha Ha! firstly the roe buck head is now in Texas, not in my loft, my Montana heads have found their way inside my house, Kath did agree for the Stag head to go on the wall in the hall, but I have plans for that space, hopefully with an Elk!:)

State refers to public land in other countries, no state/public land in the UK.

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Looks like a big fellow in the middle of that bunch. Is this new property larger than most of the other areas you have access to?

Looks like a big fellow in the middle of that bunch. Is this new property larger than most of the other areas you have access to?
Its split, 50 acres in one place and around 200 in another, but there are plenty of deer around.
Its about 6 miles north west of where you and DaveN shot your first Roe Buck.
Cheers
Richard

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back