MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wildlife & Outdoor Education Teacher From Texas

wsking

Hello all!

My name is Wes King and I live in Texas, just north of Austin. I am a avid fly-fisherman who is just getting into the world of big game western hunting. As a teacher I take my summers off to travel the western states with my wife, fly fishing everywhere I can.

I teach wildlife, fisheries, and outdoor education at a high school in Texas and get to see many kids experience the out of doors for the first time. I try to teach from experience and knowledge as much as possible so I'm excited to begin learning from everyone out here and go after my first western hunt. Being from Texas, the idea of public land and being able to use it is somewhat foreign to my students so I try to open their eyes to their opportunities throughout the country.

I have put in for a first season rifle elk hunt in Colorado for this fall and hope to draw an either sex tag.

I am excited about what I can learn out here and hope to be able to bring it to my classroom as well as my own life.

If anyone is in the area and wants to meet up to talk hunting, fishing, outdoors, etc. let me know!

Welcome! Assuming you are what would be considered an "ag teacher", I happened to go to school for that too in stephenville. We might have some common connections in the industry.

Welcome from Iowa. I am an outdoor educator here working with students and adults. It is great you are opening the door for what is hopefully lifelong passions for your students. We have pretty great flyfishing here in the Driftless region as well.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully contributing someday!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back