Tearing It UP!!! BIG BOWS!

Big Sky

There isn't much open water yet, but the one place that has opened up around here has been fantastic. Myself and a couple friends have been jigging the dream, and what a dream it has been.

While waiting for my partner to show up with the boat early one morning I decided to do a little fishing from the bank. Shortly after first light this stud of a rainbow slammed into my jig. Sorry it's not the greatest photo, but I did my best while fishing solo.
attachment.php

When my buddy Carl did show up with the boat he wasn't going to be out done and caught this beautiful big bow.
attachment.php

Carl's dog came along for the trip and kept an eye on every fish we caught. She was pretty funny. If you lost a fish she would go hang out with the other guy in the boat to see if he was a better fisherman and could land a fish. As long as you were landing them, she would stay right by your side. Lose one or two and she wasn't having it.
attachment.php

Earlier in the week I was fishing with my friend Scott and he landed this leopard spotted looking rainbow. We have both caught rainbows with similar markings, but this is the biggest one with biggest spots either of us has ever seen. It put up a heckuva fight and is one of the coolest looking rainbows I've seen.
attachment.php

One of the last fish I caught while fishing on the boat was my best for the day. This is one fat sassy fish. Just a tank and gave me a great fight. Took the photo and slipped her right back in the water for someone else to catch. I caught most of my fish on a marabou jig, but this one was on a bucktail jig. What a great day it was with many fish caught and all released.
attachment.php

By the title, I thought we had another dry fire issue...

Congrats once again - Big Sky never disappoints! Keep rippin 'em!

Very nice fish as normal Sky.
I'm guessing Holter.
Gota go the other direction and use jigs and live minnows
In any hole and swirly on the River for some BIG cats.!

good_dayy_of_fishing.jpg

Great photos Troy. Miss that fishery, sure is a fun one.

Glad some of you enjoyed the pics. I was hoping to get out today, but I wimped out due to bad weather. Maybe next week.

Some real beauties there. I've had one day with a rod in my hand this year but didn't slow down enough for pics - 20 browns from 7-17". Still, I'm jealous of those fat 'bows and all that wet stuff. You have more water in any of those pics than we do in this whole dry and crunched up state I live in.

Those big rainbows are Beautiful, How wonderful they are there to be tested against and caught! Congrats!

We get a few like those big guys every year, they take a guys breath away. These shown below are some nice ones taken with a friend here local but not the quality of yours!

2 limits  almanor 1-6-18.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back