This man speaks his mind regarding closing of gun show.

Thank you for that link tarheel, I only wish that would go viral to every news desk in this nation and be the first thing I see at 7 tomorrow morning on CBS, that was well spoken and straight from the silent majority.

Thank you for that link tarheel, I only wish that would go viral to every news desk in this nation and be the first thing I see at 7 tomorrow morning on CBS, that was well spoken and straight from the silent majority.

He's to be on Fox & Friends at 8:22 EDST this morning; maybe he'll get more than two minutes from the talking heads. After the way they clammed up after the Youtube shooter was profiled I wouldn't expect to hear anything from the MSM on this story.

Thanks for posting that. It was refreshing to see the majority and not have a group defined by race, ethnicity, or religion. We need more majority like him.

That's the type of common sense the left abhors. Well said...thanks tarheel.

Ah, another "feel good" talking video for the good guys. As good (i.e. accurate/correct) as a message that speech delivered, it is words and only words. "All talk and no action" will get nowhere. If that video was given to every hardcore anti-gun person in the USA, few options would change. It is no different than any of us watching a well directed anti-gun video or listening to a well spoken speech and having our opinions changed.

Ah, another "feel good" talking video for the good guys. As good (i.e. accurate/correct) as a message that speech delivered, it is words and only words. "All talk and no action" will get nowhere. If that video was given to every hardcore anti-gun person in the USA, few options would change. It is no different than any of us watching a well directed anti-gun video or listening to a well spoken speech and having our opinions changed.

True - one good video changes nothing, but as history shows us repetition over years of seeminglyreasonable sentiment by people who seem reasonable and "like us" does move general public opinion. A hundred folks like this man repeating similar messages over time does move the needle.

Good point. I find that most minds are already made up, and just looking for their flavor of the "facts" to reiterate the position that emotionally feels good to them.

Still, great video. Thank you.

Very well said. It is refreshing to see somebody that's passionate, intelligent, and articulate get behind the mike for the 2nd Amendment.

I agree with the idea that most minds are already made up, so his speech is pretty pointless.

And while I support his stance, it doesn't hold much water in my eyes. Most laws in general are meant to limit the minority and not the majority. I mean would the majority of people kill other people? I would say no. But we have laws against it. Would the majority of parents abuse their children? No, but there's still laws against it. We will find that there will be laws passed against assault weapons (even if they're mechanically the same as the semi-auto .308 your grandfather gave you for deer hunting). I think it would work out better for us gun owners to concede on some things in order to have more voice on the really important things. I won't go into what I would classify as really important because my list is probably different from yours, but compromise will at least ensure that the uninformed far left doesn't pass all out bans.

Ya. I agree to an extent. I view this more as a rally call than thinking this will adjust an anti-gun person's perspective.

I do believe people on the fence do potentially sway due to reasonably sound minded content, such as shared by this gent.

This guy does a great job speaking from the heart and off the cuff! God bless him.

Sorry I did not see this and made another thread. Please skip that one on Gun Control speech.

"First ones taxed and the last ones considered"

Truer words have never been spoken...

I agree with the idea that most minds are already made up, so his speech is pretty pointless.

And while I support his stance, it doesn't hold much water in my eyes. Most laws in general are meant to limit the minority and not the majority. I mean would the majority of people kill other people? I would say no. But we have laws against it. Would the majority of parents abuse their children? No, but there's still laws against it. We will find that there will be laws passed against assault weapons (even if they're mechanically the same as the semi-auto .308 your grandfather gave you for deer hunting). I think it would work out better for us gun owners to concede on some things in order to have more voice on the really important things. I won't go into what I would classify as really important because my list is probably different from yours, but compromise will at least ensure that the uninformed far left doesn't pass all out bans.

The main miscalculation here is assuming you are dealing with rational people who genuinely want what they claim. There are people in positions of power in this country who will not be satisfied until every gun, every bow, and every knife is confiscated and destroyed. Note, I am not saying this is the case with anti-gun people as a whole- the majority of them genuinely believe the stuff they are repeating. They really believe they will be safer if they become more helpless. Because the media are controlled almost entirely by one side here, there is no place at the table for logical discussion. There is huge political power up for grabs by whipping people up into a frenzy of fear and then offering a "solution" to a nonexistent problem. Nobody will ever be allowed on mainstream media to point out that killing innocent people is already the most illegal action there is, and if that doesn't stop someone, making it slightly more illegal certainly won't. That is reason, and it is entirely unwelcome. They are not at all interested in anything that will allow you or me a voice.

There is no compromising with these people. Appeasement has never worked, throughout history. Once you pay the Danegeld, you are never rid of the Dane. They will take whatever you offer, then demand more. Once they have all the handguns, all the "high capacity magazines" and all the "assault rifles", your bolt action deer rifle will become a "sniper rifle", and your shotgun will become a "street sweeper". There is no "enough" in their crusade. There are a few people who are intent on collecting more power for themselves by taking it from everyone else. They, quite wisely, started out by cementing control of the media. They carefully craft responses to every tragedy that comes along so it builds fear in the minds of the uninformed. Keeping the hysteria going keeps people from looking at uncomfortable facts. Particularly since the largest urban areas are almost entirely disarmed, most people have very few facts to work with. There will always be more tragedy, because gun control simply doesn't work. They know it doesn't work, but it's not really about the guns. It's about the control.

Television and movies keep pounding on the theme that violence=guns. You almost never see criminals on TV deliberately choosing a target because they know the victims will be unarmed. You almost never see a common citizen on TV successfully defending their home or family. You never see anyone on TV who owns guns and doesn't shoot anyone with them. The message is that guns are violence, and your only protection is the police, who will always solve any crime in 22 minutes plus commercials.

I realize there are outdoor channels available, but a lot of the shows there are doing the antis' work for them. The "Whack-em-and-stack-em" mentality is revolting to nonhunters, and to most real hunters as well. The majority of that programming does a better job of painting hunters as psychotic rednecks than the antis ever could. Psychotic rednecks are safely ignored, until they are needed to take the blame for the next shooting.

Back