case sticking in die ?

PAGOAT

I'm new to reloading, that said I have used spray lube of the case and when I press it in the resize and de prime die it goes in fine and come almost out then gets stuck. I'm not seeing any marks of the brass that show me it is sticking somewhere. Do any of you guys run into this or have a solution? The brass are 300WSM once fired Remington and clean in a Hornady die. Thank you.

It's not enough lube.

I use imperial sizing wax. I had some issues with stuck cases and spray lube, so went to the other stuff. To get it unstuck, get a kit from RCBS and be sure to use oil to keep the bit from binding & making your simple fix a more expensive proposition.

Sounds like it’s hanging up on the expander ball. Put a little lube inside the case neck and see if that helps.

Yup not enough lube. be sure to try to only lube the body of the case and not the shoulders (you will get case dents). you may want to invest in a lube pad...spray pad then roll cases on said pad

Use a Q-tip to lube inside the neck

Lubricate the inside of the neck and the body of the case making sure that the bottom 3/4" of the case is lubricated. the neck and the bottom of the case are the two places where there is so much frictional force that the case will stick to the die. Spray and dry lubes are unreliable, if you get good results with them then by all means, use them. I prefer Imperial Sizing Wax, it takes so little to lubricate a case that it's a far more economical product to use and it's so thin that it has very little effect on the resizing dimensions which results in more consistent sizing.

Ive had this problem a couple times. I hose my brass down pretty liberally w/ Hornady One Shot, spraying at a 45 degree angle w the casings standing upright on their bases. The one shot gets into the case mouth this way. I haven't had a problem since this became my practice.

Thanks, I'll try to add more lube and get some inside the neck. The case is not stuck I did 3 and they came out but I thought the would not be. I have not tried inside the neck I'll do that this afternoon.

Yup not enough lube. be sure to try to only lube the body of the case and not the shoulders (you will get case dents). you may want to invest in a lube pad...spray pad then roll cases on said pad

Use a Q-tip to lube inside the neck

I use a lube pad. I’m not very sophisticated, I use good old RCBS lube. I lightly roll each case, and use a nylon brush to hit the inside of every third case.

With spay lube, make sure to shake the can well before applying, and give it adequate time for the solvent to dry off before sizing. Neil

Before you waste the extra lube on the inside...just hit each case with a Neck brush...four quick back and forth and you should be golden. I run all my brass through the tumbler before I decap and resize and find regular media, corn cob or walnut, doesn't quite get the powder residue in the neck. I've been reloading for years and have used a lube pad and a cheap bottle of RCBS or Lyman lube with great results....though I have stuck more than a couple cases in that time.

Went with a q tip on the inside of the case neck and used a different lube on a pad. After that all the problems are gone the cases go in and out smooth. Thanks everyone.

Back