Yeti GOBOX Collection

New guy from Texas

TexanSam

Hey folks!

My name is Sam and I am new to the forum here, after lurking for a long while, I finally decided to make an account and join in on all the riff raff.

A little about me: I am a 23 year old recent college grad, working in the agricultural field doing corn and soybean research. I love to hunt, and spend many a days (after getting a drivers license at the age of 16) wondering around the public land's of Texas, and friends and family farms that I had access to chasing ducks, cranes, dove, quail and the occasional whitetail deer, feral hog and coyote.

Last year, I saved all winter and put in for big game tags for the first time in another state. Sure enough, I went on a late season hunt for elk in the Gila national forest last October (beginners luck I suppose). Though I did not see a legal shooter bull, I did come across a ton of cow elk, turkeys, some bruiser mule deer, and even a mountain lion that surprised us by jumping out of tree we almost walked right up on... (had to change underwear that afternoon lol)

Anyways, while I am still in the planning mode for the year, I'll be glad to continue reading what y'all have to say, and gaining some wisdom that I am short of due to my age lol

Also, living in North Texas, I would say that I am a crappie, white bass, and catfish fanatic. Any weekend in the spring or the summer expect me to be in my jon boat running trot lines or dropping minnows down a stump pile. If any of y'all have any tips for that too feel free to shout my way!

Welcome! Sounds like you've already had some incredible experiences.

Welcome, you planning on heading back to that unit for mule deer then?

If a tag is drawn then that's where I'll be! The success rates are pretty low there, yet the draw odds aren't the best either. I'm not sure the reasoning behind it, but I sure wish I had a deer tag when I last went!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back