Leupold scopes quality

Here are my results with the Leupold scope I have had:

Vari-x II 3-9: held zero fine, still have it, though on a 17HMR now

VX-2 with M1 Turret: did not track or hold zero reliably on a 7mag

VX-3 3.5-10 with M1 Turret: held zero fine but did not track correctly. The adjustments were consistent, but dialing 2 MOA was not 2MOA in adjustment

FX-II 6x36: LR dots, held zero well

FX-3 6x42: M1 Turret, same issue as the VX-3 with tracking, held zero well

Take it for what it is YMMV. I got rid of all but the one on my 17, but obviously they work great for some folks.

All of my "go to" rifles have Leupolds on them with no problems over many decades of use, but none have a CDS system.

I am curious how many of you guys are dialing moderate to extreme amounts 60-150 clicks? If a scope can’t hold zero and track on 350-500 yard shots than it is garbage. The only thing that has kept me from having leupold on all my rifles is they just didn’t offer the features/price ratio up until this point. I was not going to pay 1800 for a Mark 4 when you could get a NF for 2100.. I have always been a NF/vortex guy but only because of features. Leupold has really caught my interest with their new lines. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a vx3i Lrp for my 28 nosler build.Going to play with it all summer.. If it turns out to be good, I will probably be a leupold guy going Foward..

I know this is a Leopold site so all I will be respectful as possible and only comment that I have had a bunch of problems with Leopold products this year.

To be honest, I'm just now thinking about coming down off of my pi$$ed off / disappointed cloud and still have a VX-6 in for repair.

Having said that, I could buy a rock and somehow it would break. I'll leave it at that.

As far as tracking on a scope is concerned, before you go blaming the scope for not tracking you have to confirm the accuracy of the rifle/load. THEN you can see if your scope tracks. My experience is Leupold's scopes are better than my shooting abilities.

Here are my results with the Leupold scope I have had:

Vari-x II 3-9: held zero fine, still have it, though on a 17HMR now

VX-2 with M1 Turret: did not track or hold zero reliably on a 7mag

VX-3 3.5-10 with M1 Turret: held zero fine but did not track correctly. The adjustments were consistent, but dialing 2 MOA was not 2MOA in adjustment

FX-II 6x36: LR dots, held zero well

FX-3 6x42: M1 Turret, same issue as the VX-3 with tracking, held zero well

Take it for what it is YMMV. I got rid of all but the one on my 17, but obviously they work great for some folks.

Obviously you spend a lot of time on the couch yelling at Fox News, then.

I am curious how many of you guys are dialing moderate to extreme amounts 60-150 clicks? If a scope can’t hold zero and track on 350-500 yard shots than it is garbage. The only thing that has kept me from having leupold on all my rifles is they just didn’t offer the features/price ratio up until this point. I was not going to pay 1800 for a Mark 4 when you could get a NF for 2100.. I have always been a NF/vortex guy but only because of features. Leupold has really caught my interest with their new lines. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a vx3i Lrp for my 28 nosler build.Going to play with it all summer.. If it turns out to be good, I will probably be a leupold guy going Foward..

I’m not an extreme distance dialer. All I need is to get from 100 to 600 yards.

Leupold makes lightweight scopes that are pretty good at holding zero. So I match them to rifles accordingly.

But dialing is definitely not anything I’d bank an important shot on, at least with the CDS turrets I’ve had.

Rancho's generalization to that effect is about 99% accurate however.

The last and only time I've cursed at the TV was the 2008 Wimbledon final when Nadal beat Federer in five sets. Man I hated Nadal, don't mind the guy now. Anyway...so Leupold...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back